Malaysian Exploiters.

Silver_z

Can Malaysian TP give me a fine for illegal mod? Most of the malaysian cars that come into Singapore with super huge and loud exhaust are neglected by our ROV and TP. Why did the Malaysian TP tried to fine me for illegal mod? End up paid him RM50 to get lost. Not much, but just feeling bloody exploited.

↡ Advertisement

He wanted to issue me a RM300 fine. I knew that he has no rights over my car, but didnt want the trouble of him bringing me to station for fun. Sigh!

Neutral Newbie

Next time, ignore him. Only speeding and anything due to driving will be under their country's law. Anything further like car model, parts, looks, car plates, etc. are not under their control cos not register in their country.

Only country that the car register with will have the right to control wat u have on ya car.

Eva

How to go about ignoring? He stops me, I find out why, then I just drive off? Won't that allow him to charge me for failure to comply?

Neutral Newbie
Can Malaysian TP give me a fine for illegal mod? Most of the malaysian cars that come into Singapore with super huge and loud exhaust are neglected by our ROV and TP. Why did the Malaysian TP tried to fine me for illegal mod? End up paid him RM50 to get lost. Not much, but just feeling bloody exploited.

I don't think even SG TP can fine you, only ROV can. SG TP can only direct you for inspection.

(edited)

Ya lor. Called my malaysian friend, and he told me to give them RM20 to fark off. He say treat it as charity to underpaid Malaysian Civil Servants. [laugh] As they only earn RM650/mth.

Edited by Silver_z

I thot M'sia TP more bo chup abt such mod. Now that it so easily got the attention of M'sia TP, I damn scared of driving in SG now. Hahahaa.......

Actually I had a similar case... I was stopped by M'sia TP (overtake single lane, never flow the flow of traffic) & he said if he issue summon, it will cost RM$300. So he ask what I want??? As I already knew their tricks, I wanted to give him RM$20 but his mouth open like lion, said NO NO to me & ask for RM$50!!! I had no choice but to save trouble (Bcoz of I'm in foreign country) so I gave it to him.... [:/]