How many days between Registration & Collection of New Cars -

Edrollbrick

My car manufacturer is among the top-5 seller in Singapore.

So I'm pretty surprised that everything is settled within 1/2 day.

Maybe it's already prepared way before my SE registered by vehicle.

↡ Advertisement

Exactly, damage? a few days later maybe? wonder if there had been an accident. Seeing the car today with the Sales person. Cannot help feeling he is trying to hide something.

Had quite a fex cars before but never happened like this.

Always same evening or following day.

Always letting me know it is registered and if I will like to specify my time to collect at my convenience.

Never, "normally evening only" or "maybe when parts arrive...." and only when I queried.

It also allows submission on their premise and immediate confirmation. That is how I also can tell exactly when they split the Parf, and when the registration take place, when they paid the road tax.

Yes, from many departments and contractors involved. But the sequence should be same.

We are a small country and distance is not an issue.

So, when the car is already in the port, cleared customs;

Pre-Delivery Inspection, Mechanical, Electrical Checks, Visual Bodyworks check and Polish/Clean up, only after this should then the car be registered.

How long each process before registration I had been made to understand takes anywhere from 2 to 7 days. Thats OK, they will need time. But once registered, it should be given to me straight away when all registratiion documents are completed. And all previous cars, same evening or 2nd day after registration. In most cases, it is my time available to collect. Always a happy occasion. Like seeing your new baby!

I had never been given an answer such as: , or still being registered waiting for LTA approvals, maybe this evening, maybe tomorrow, or, will depend on parts arrival.

Unfortunately mine is a lower volume company, and like you have said should have been able to prepare way before registration, since not that many cars per day.

But I differ with your opinion that higher volume companies don't do the same.

In fact, I had collected from 1 top company on a very precise date, and asked if to collect same day or when will I be convenient so they will register then. I belive it is even more essential to be precise as many of us travels out of Singapore frequently.

Can understand the 1 or 2 days, due to too many cars to be delivered and the SE will normally be there to ensure takeover details are completed. As each customer takes anywhere from 10mins to 1hour depending on how many electrical gimmicks needed to be explained. thats OK. I can come during office hour on my Leave, no need to do it only in the Evening.

(edited)

No, ZERO freebies.

SE says, we deserve every cent of our commission. Did not argue with him as the car came already fully loaded with options. Theirs is a low volume company. And it will be easy to compare prices and freebies, and I agree customers won't be happy, why is his more special than mine?

But now, I choose to differ. I might have been too easy and now taken for a ride.

Edited by Edrollbrick

(edited)

Waited 1 month from booking to car in port waiting for customs clearance. This is normal, I know and agree.

But days or weeks from the actual registered date to collection?

When our car is registered, ROad Tax starts, Insurance Starts, Immediate 10 to 20% depreciation of the Invoiced value. Or worse what will be the export value?

Edited by Edrollbrick

Neutral Newbie

I think high vol or low vol of car does not matter. The reg step can be kept last, only until the car is ready then the SE should proceed. My new car is from KM, there were many cars but I got it on the same day in the evening. start banging tables, ask for compensation, to see GM etc. Cheers.

Neutral Newbie

Yes, i agree that the procedure for preparation is the same. However, there are companies that hold stock here in Singapore and some that hold low stock and indent when orders come in. That could be one of the factors that affect the process. No reservation of stock means they won't start preparing the car. Even so, when there are so many cars lying in the warehouse, it will not be easy to find that particular vehicle which had been reserved.

Then again, the same company may have busy and less busy periods. Sometimes they can do up the vehicle very fast, sometimes slower.

eddie (90085584)

Neutral Newbie

Of course, i agree. It should not be delivered more than 3 days after registration; even for cases when there are many after-market accessories to be done up, not more than 5 days. [thumbsup]

eddie (90085584)

yah, whether high or low volumn, if only all the preparations are done before registration, there should not be undue delay.

If it takes 2 week to prepare the car (assuming high volumn case), then the registraion should only be done after the 2 weeks, and not register first and then do the rest! Don't take buyers for a ride!

Btw, r u an SE? If you are, what is your practice then?

When I bought my car from the Ad selling top selling cars in 1999, I got it the next day. Again in 2003, I got one from a small one, also by the next day!

Can the company do up the car first, then register, as the longer the delivery, the more money wasted by the buyer as he has to pay for COE and dep and rd tax for those days that the car is being done up after being registered.

(edited)

Yes, it happened.

Buying a car had always been very pleasant in the past for me. Never like this.

Last I heard, they will(or?? may) have parts on Monday (*like they were waiting for parts on Friday and Will do overtime") and will "try" to give it to me late Monday.

Shall keep you guys updated should it(delivery or miscarriage) happen or not.

Edited by Edrollbrick
↡ Advertisement