How many days between Registration & Collection of New Cars -

Edrollbrick

yah, whether high or low volumn, if only all the preparations are done before registration, there should not be undue delay.

If it takes 2 week to prepare the car (assuming high volumn case), then the registraion should only be done after the 2 weeks, and not register first and then do the rest! Don't take buyers for a ride!

Btw, r u an SE? If you are, what is your practice then?

Hmm.. I am a bit scared man... What if the bloody SE register first and then do my stuff... sian half man

My car was registered on 19 Sep but delivered on 20-something the following month, which is Oct. That was more than 5 yrs ago.

At first, the SE gave crappy excuses saying that the car has to be registered before they would install the IU, etc. But as the weeks went by, all she was willing to tell me was just one word, "delayed". Last month I got into an accident, and the paint on the front bumper cracked. I found that under the paint, the corner of the bumper had white (putty), instead of the usual black plastic. furious.gif

Guess there's nothing I can do now. Btw I didn't get any freebies from that SE back then.

Neutral Newbie

Practice for Komoco is to start preparing after all registration documents are in. =)

Delivery can differ for different buyers depending on amount of preparation needed, e.g. amount of additional accessories for installation Vs other models/buyers. Sometimes delays may happen when unforseen circumstances crop up, e.g. failure of QC due to some minor problems, or even unexpected medical leave of some important person in the preparation process.

eddie (90085584)

Wow, looks like we really have to take notice on how the car distributors perform in delivery.

I went down to see mine, yes it was a damage, but appear to be from mishandling during transiting, from where no idea. At least it does not look like and accident. But still iot could have been spotted quite easily.

It was one of the fear that such a thing could happen with a PI that I drop the idea of getting a Mark X. Wife did not feel comfortable with the way the PI change prices from advertisements while we are at each showroom.

But mine is from a relatively "small population" distributor, with many marques experience.

A few of my kakis are looking at how mine turns out before looking at the same car, but with this experience, probably all will think twice now. See how they re-deem themselves, as SE claim will deliver tomorrow, top management looking into it.

Warn him/her first lor. Don't say that you don't give face. Some ppl think that buyers are just suckers. They can take them for a ride! [thumbsdown]

Care to share which SE or Company? So that we can organise a GROUP PURCHASE FROM HER! [rifle][furious] That is PURE B******* [thumbsdown] My emphaty!

So, you are representing KOMOCO? Hope to see you when I fall in love with Kim Chi!

My statement stands. My point is "preparations must be done first before registration" and nothing less! They can always hang the blue trade plate if the cars need to be driven for such purposes!

Just look at Huggable's case! It is self explanatory and proved my point!

Not all buyers are so naive to be taken for rides! We don't enjoy such rides! [furious][whip][rifle]

Edited by Fitvip

Neutral Newbie

yeah, collection of the car should be latest by the nxt day after registration!

Anyone knows how long does LTA take to register a car after documents are submitted to them?

Think we can send our new cars to Vicom for paint "thickness" check to ascertain if it has been repaired and (indeed) resprayed. Of course, get the dealer to bear the cost of inspection.

Wow, looks like we really have to take notice on how the car distributors perform in delivery.

I went down to see mine, yes it was a damage, but appear to be from mishandling during transiting, from where no idea. At least it does not look like and accident. But still iot could have been spotted quite easily.

The agent is very well-established in SG, the other brand they market is a German luxury make. The SE has left the company to join an American brand dealer, based on the last greeting card I got from her many years back.

Anyway as a greenhorn back then, I did not banged any table. thumbsdown.gif

↡ Advertisement