RON 92 for Wira 1.3 GLi

Ruggles

Neutral Newbie

hi

juz wondering any bros hv tried using 92 for wira? if yes pls giv feedback.

thks

↡ Advertisement

Ron 92 and Ron95 not much difference in price. Go for Ron 95 and every three tanks use Ron 98 (comes with additives to clean fuel lines) to clean the fuel injection system.

Neutral Newbie

does all brand 98 come w additives or only like Vpower or mobilexxon which is advertised as hv additives? i m using SPC & their 98 looks like juz normal 98 i mean nothing advertised to say got extra stuff.

If you check your owner's manual, it says min RON reqd is 98.

You risk damaging your engine if you use 92 or 95.

Neutral Newbie

yah i oso read e manual but was wondering if the actual diff btn 98 & 95 is alot? i know 92 rather risky thats why asking around, now using 95 lor. u using 98 all e way?

I rented the '02 model Wira 1.3M before, and pumped 95.

It was OK.

But then again, this is your own car, you pump 95 at your own risk.

hi

thks

Yap I've been pumping different octanes of petrol over the years for my WIRA, still running alright with Octane 92, but got "Clack clack" sound from engine, with 95 onwards, no such sound, probably due to high octane... No risk involve as in what octane I use, as long as my pocket is happy, been driving my WIRA for 6 yrs alrdy, clocking slightly over 200k, engine still fine with no overhaul... So 92 is fine... Read the Manual for minimum octane requirement for the car, as long as it's within range, no fear...

Ron 92 and Ron95 not much difference in price. Go for Ron 95 and every three tanks use Ron 98 (comes with additives to clean fuel lines) to clean the fuel injection system.

95 octane petrol oso ve additives for valve ports & fuel nozzlez cleaning [:)]

If you check your owner's manual, it says min RON reqd is 98.

You risk damaging your engine if you use 92 or 95.

G4 engine....on the book...it requires 89Ron not 98 hor....but 95Ron will be a good choice for tis engine....dun need 98Ron...it's for higher performance engine... [:)]

Neutral Newbie

All the manual recommendation is just a guide. I used to pump 92RON for my daihatsu van same engine used for sirion and yrv. Manual written min 95RON but using it for 1.5years still running smoothly.

Petrol companies always tout their RON 98 comes with additives but nothing is said about Ron 95. Also Ron 98 vs Ron 95 price quite a bit more than Ron 92 vs Ron 95 so the difference could be the additional cost of the additives. Correct me if I am wrong abt this.

Edited by Twnll

You are referring to Daihatsu Extol 1.3M?

I have seen the owner's manual before: Min RON reqd is 92, not 95.

hi

thks

Yap I've been pumping different octanes of petrol over the years for my WIRA, still running alright with Octane 92, but got "Clack clack" sound from engine, with 95 onwards, no such sound, probably due to high octane... No risk involve as in what octane I use, as long as my pocket is happy, been driving my WIRA for 6 yrs alrdy, clocking slightly over 200k, engine still fine with no overhaul... So 92 is fine... Read the Manual for minimum octane requirement for the car, as long as it's within range, no fear...

This is a sign of pinging.

It means your Wira engine cannot accept 92RON.

Why be penny wise pound foolish by pumping 92RON?

Tell me: How much did you spend on your Wira purchase? And now you are trying to save a few cents?

Neutral Newbie

Actually was having the pinging sound after i used 92RON for extol.

Tried 2 tanks of 92 on my wira but switch back to 95/98RON for more power. No pinging was heard.

I think I didn't go into detail, giving u the idea that I've been pumping 92 for 6 years for my WIRA? I practise mixing petrol, 92 with 95 or 98. I don't think it's foolish as in pumping 92 once in a while when prices are crazily high. AND I'm a frequent visitor to Malaysia, how much I save is definitely more than u thought, giving the thought, with the amt of $$$ in pumping fuel in S'pore, how much can u pump in M'sia? Of course in Malaysia, I pump the highest octane lah, if not I'm a real fool... For now, throughout my times with the car, 1/5 of the fuel I pumped for the car is 92... Anyway, like I said my car still running fine...

Edited by Heartbreakid

sumtimes....pinging or knocking is due to the ignition/firing timing...can try adjusting the timing angle...slightly wider.... [:)]

↡ Advertisement