Throttle body mod

Kelpie

Hi Bros,

I'm wondering what are the benefits of a throttle body mod? Can someone enlighten me here? Any side-effects?

Thank you.

↡ Advertisement

wah bro,u seem to be doing a project for ur civic hor???

well,TB nmormally is to change to a bigger one...

so more air can go in...thus more power...

but dun get too big one... [nod]

Neutral Newbie

the butterfly flap may need to smoothen the profile while the enlarge bore allow a better flowrate. these two may need to do to yield a better performance

hehe...since I'm keeping my ES5 so I'm going to invest in some posion. Consulted Gary and decided to go for throttle mod. Done already, engine rev happily. Now have to watch out for fuel consumption.

Regards,

Gary's TB is a hand job... Its better to go for machine TB boring... it cost abt 3-40 more at most. There's a bro selling at SHC. [;)]

Not much different in cost hor..you see, I'm new to mod lah. He told me throttle mod is the most effective and direct way to boost performance, the rest of the air intake/chargers aren't that effective. So far so good, enjoying the revs. One thing I like about this mod is, it leaves the engine bay looks stock as you don't need to clutter it with gadgets.

Regards,

wah... u posted at 1+pm.. so fast do liao, 10pm post review [laugh]

congrats for your performance mod.. ard how much did it cost you?

hehe...since I'm keeping my ES5 so I'm going to invest in some posion. Consulted Gary and decided to go for throttle mod. Done already, engine rev happily. Now have to watch out for fuel consumption.

Regards,

i see...good to hear that... [thumbsup]

i believe teh FC will drop abit...might not be noticeable...

but since ur rev is good,i believe u will rev more...thus will also affect the FC... [nod]

bte,u bore from how many mm to how many mm???

Neutral Newbie

bro any advice for a manual cs3 lancer 05......n what are the things to take note for this mod.....me a newbie.....btw i am already on openpod

Edited by Cedsmsd