Noise after Extractor Replaced

Stanley

Hearing this "prrr..." sound since the extractor was replaced. Was wondering if this is normal since there's a change? If there's leakage, how do we confirm b4 going back to the installer?

Kind to share?

↡ Advertisement

was wondering i tot after changing an extractor, noise from exhaust becoming louder is normal? any brudders wish to clarify?

oh i see...then maybe go for checks in the workshop where u did the extractor lor..btw u did it at Man, Fong kim or Jeep Chee??

it should be "roaring" sound, but u mentioned watery "prrrr" in the engine area, which may definitely be leakage at gasket or cracks at extractor joints. [shakehead] Betta let the exhaust shop installer check. [nod]

If you want to check, get some dishwashing detergent and dilute it with water. when the car is cold liberally spray it on the joints of you extractor and then start your engine. If you see small bubbles forming then you have an exhaust leak.

well follow the instructions of Elfenstar and get the result..thereafter u might wan go bk jeep chee and rectify the prob...

haha. I hate the loud sound, but usually if there is no sound for the extractor,there is little gain.

The dude who changed the extractor, what car you driving?

What extractor? I guess should be either 4-2-1 or 4-1