VW Jetta

Koolaba

Today just secure my first Volk (a Jetta) COE and collection on Christmas Eve.

Hope I did make a good choice

Wish you good luck, you need plenty of it...

↡ Advertisement

Today just secure my first Volk (a Jetta) COE and collection on Christmas Eve.

Hope I did make a good choice

People selling like crazy you still buy. So much Jetta on the market until car dealer also dont dare to take in.

Heard 2013 improved version of the gb risk has been minimized. Lets give it a try.

Heard today price increased to $135k n got it $126k. Shall come back here to update my Jetta experience after collecting the car on Christmas Eve.

Was joking to the sales person - Christmas on her phone in case the car give problem....

Really like to pick up power....... hmmm.....cross finger....

• Praise 1

That was what they told me 2 years ago when I bought the MKV Jetta. According to the forum, that was also what was being told to the others who bought 3 years ago. So....good luck.

Heard 2013 improved version of the gb risk has been minimized. Lets give it a try.

Heard today price increased to $135k n got it $126k. Shall come back here to update my Jetta experience after collecting the car on Christmas Eve.

Was joking to the sales person - Christmas on her phone in case the car give problem....

Really like to pick up power....... hmmm.....cross finger....

After few days of collection.... below is my honeset review

Initial drove the car, felt the 1st gear not very responsive... 2nd to 7th gear perfect.

On the 2nd day, the 1st gear died off on a slop - off and on the car - everything back to normal.

Drove back to VW and immediately within 30 mins they analyised the car and reported everything is normal. But they fine tune the 1st gear. after collect back the car, feel the 1st gear is completely satisfied responsive compare to initial collection.

Below is the personal experience on this 9th car owing till date - let me go through all the cars been driven and based on that give my best review :

1) Subaru Viki

2) Suzuki Swift

3) Honda Civic VTI

4) Nissan VIP

5) Mitsubitsji Mivec

6) Alfa Romeo 159

7) Fiat Stilo

8) Lexus LS200

9) VW Jetta

VW Jetta What I Like :

1) Pick Up - As responsive as Honda VTI

2) Powerful - As powerful as Alfa Romeo

3) Stability - As quiet as Lexus (may be is still new - but very smooth - smoother then Merz A200 Style -My 2nd option

4) Internal space - huge - bigger then my Lexus LS 200. Booth - the biggest among all my 8 cars !

5) Security - Shell quality as solid as Alfa Romeo

6) Economical - Too early to tell but after 150 km drive for last few days only drop 3 marks point - shall be economical

7) VW is willing to work with you - another way of looking into this - they are really very experienced after so much hiccups.

7) Price vs Value - 5 stars !! (when I purchase - same price with Honda City vs VW Jetta Basic) - Really - cant have better deal and with Honda and Toyota mid range all going for $135 k to $145 k....

Tell myself I must be mad - frankly deep inside my heart - even if it gives some gear box hiccup issue on the way - as long as it is within VW repair capacity - I will still support Jetta all the way - Never drive a car comprises with all the advantages I had for all the cars... it is always either I have power but not economical or car too light too insecure - or if I have Stability (like Lexus) but no punch power.....

This car makes me fall in love with it - is just like now have a girlfriend with lots of quality characters, not expensive to keep but the only set back is she might be tempermental commented by others.

What I dont Like

1) Car size width is wider (that is why feel inner space is wide) - so when go into narrow multi car park - make you feel like driving a big car - currently still not use to the size so quite stressful when go into multi car park

2) i drove the Jetta Comfort - but the passenger seat really not comfortable and my children asking for pillow.

3) You cant really off the engine, sit in the car and wait for someone. The inner lights and outside light wont goes off even u off the engine. U need to pull out the key, sensor lock yourself in the car then the lights go off.....

• Dislike 1

Is amazing you still fall in love with it when it starts to show gear issue on 2nd day... No wonder people say love is blind... Still the same old saying, wish you good luck... You need plenty of it....

• Praise 2

Initial drove the car, felt the 1st gear not very responsive... 2nd to 7th gear perfect.

On the 2nd day, the 1st gear died off on a slop - off and on the car - everything back to normal.

Drove back to VW and immediately within 30 mins they analyised the car and reported everything is normal. But they fine tune the 1st gear. after collect back the car, feel the 1st gear is completely satisfied responsive compare to initial collection.

Below is the personal experience on this 9th car owing till date - let me go through all the cars been driven and based on that give my best review :

1) Subaru Viki

2) Suzuki Swift

3) Honda Civic VTI

4) Nissan VIP

5) Mitsubitsji Mivec

6) Alfa Romeo 159

7) Fiat Stilo

8) Lexus LS200

9) VW Jetta

VW Jetta What I Like :

3) Stability - As quiet as Lexus (may be is still new - but very smooth - smoother then Merz A200 Style -My 2nd option

4) Internal space - huge - bigger then my Lexus LS 200. Booth - the biggest among all my 8 cars !

6) Economical - Too early to tell but after 150 km drive for last few days only drop 3 marks point - shall be economical

7) VW is willing to work with you - another way of looking into this - they are really very experienced after so much hiccups.

7) Price vs Value - 5 stars !! (when I purchase - same price with Honda City vs VW Jetta Basic) - Really - cant have better deal and with Honda and Toyota mid range all going for $135 k to $145 k....

Tell myself I must be mad - frankly deep inside my heart - even if it gives some gear box hiccup issue on the way - as long as it is within VW repair capacity - I will still support Jetta all the way - Never drive a car comprises with all the advantages I had for all the cars... it is always either I have power but not economical or car too light too insecure - or if I have Stability (like Lexus) but no punch power.....

This car makes me fall in love with it - is just like now have a girlfriend with lots of quality characters, not expensive to keep but the only set back is she might be tempermental commented by others.

What I dont Like

1) Car size width is wider (that is why feel inner space is wide) - so when go into narrow multi car park - make you feel like driving a big car - currently still not use to the size so quite stressful when go into multi car park

2) i drove the Jetta Comfort - but the passenger seat really not comfortable and my children asking for pillow.

3) You cant really off the engine, sit in the car and wait for someone. The inner lights and outside light wont goes off even u off the engine. U need to pull out the key, sensor lock yourself in the car then the lights go off.....

Likely to be VW dealer.. VW willing to work with u? Haha pls visit their facebook then you ll know

to be fair to them, VW have taken the steps to improve on their service level. personally, based on the number of VWs on the road, they are doing the best they can. however their top management (local) have to wake up their idea of their cars being the 'premium'. i don't see the premium after going for Service appointment with MB. i have a jetta sports that is registered 3/1/2013. mileage, 29K. GB wise it is juddering on 1 n 2 gear. it is still functioning though.

so far, their service level is far from the minimum service that i have experienced wiht HONDA and TOYOTA, not to mention LEXUS or MB.

if you ask me whether to buy another VW again, NO!!. but i have yet to regret the decision to buy a VW for the unforgettable experience

• Praise 1

1) Subaru Viki

2) Suzuki Swift

3) Honda Civic VTI

4) Nissan VIP

5) Mitsubitsji Mivec

6) Alfa Romeo 159

7) Fiat Stilo

8) Lexus LS200

9) VW Jetta

VW Jetta What I Like :

What I dont Like

did u get the 122bhp or the out going twin charge ?

to be fair to them, VW have taken the steps to improve on their service level. personally, based on the number of VWs on the road, they are doing the best they can. however their top management (local) have to wake up their idea of their cars being the 'premium'. i don't see the premium after going for Service appointment with MB. i have a jetta sports that is registered 3/1/2013. mileage, 29K. GB wise it is juddering on 1 n 2 gear. it is still functioning though.

so far, their service level is far from the minimum service that i have experienced wiht HONDA and TOYOTA, not to mention LEXUS or MB.

if you ask me whether to buy another VW again, NO!!. but i have yet to regret the decision to buy a VW for the unforgettable experience

VW in Euro like KIA in Asia

guys, car is going in the WS for the 6th time for a problem that VCS cannot fix for the 6th time. this time round for an failure analysis report. it is not the GB issue, it is a notchy steering that they deem (manufacturing issue). I still maintain my NO buy to VW cars

Seeing lesser Jetta on the road now.. But came across a tiguan on nshw the other day... Damn fast and can pull away from me quickly even when I'm already revving and dragging my gear at 140kmh to pick up more speed... It just pulled away... Must be very siok to drive one...

Seeing lesser Jetta on the road now.. But came across a tiguan on nshw the other day... Damn fast and can pull away from me quickly even when I'm already revving and dragging my gear at 140kmh to pick up more speed... It just pulled away... Must be very siok to drive one...

could be a runaway "horse" of unintended acceleration. :D

loads of torque.. typical of TC engines..

Heard horror stories from my friends who used to own VW. They sold it away as it kept breaking down and VW service ctr cannot keep up with demands. Most of them went back to Jap sedans, one upgraded to MErcedes.

Im not worried at all that vw will be taking up majorty of coe quotas in cat A because they wont.

If you still want vw, go buy and drive. You've been warned.

Jetta's small 1.4 TC engine very powerful, even if 1.8 civic also lost it

↡ Advertisement