VW Jetta

Koolaba

Compared to a Jap 1.6litre car, I think the FD4 will smoke me at the traffic lights [laugh]

The 2.0T model is indeed a sleeper car but I have an aversion to spending >$100k for a car.

↡ Advertisement

True. Was washing my car at a MSCP juz now. Saw an Evo being driven in the carpark with "loud pissing sound" [laugh]. Must be burning petrol like hell, but to do that in an MSCP?

He was going so fast and hiong, you would think there was a MSCP rally [flowerface]

It's ok to drive in that car for a sprint but for long distance, oh my, the hear and butt is going to suffer.. Think i'm getting old [:p]

spoken like a fellow conti driver..

I concur

I now realise what I have missed all this while. The first things people comment on my car are: high FC lah, high maintenance la, low reliability lah... laugh.gif

What they don't know is the shiok feeling each time I close my door and crank the engine. Driving has become so much enjoyable now.

talk about car with soul ...... look at the serpent ..... by the way, I'm not driving a serpent, me driving the poor VAG cousin ...

Somehow, I am still having phobia getting an Italian car or French one. I have no doubt the former will bring a wider smile to the driver.

actually not really high FC.. but must see which conti..

High maintenace? Compare some of our regular servicing with those at C&C .. see which is cheaper..

as for low reliablity, I have to say it really depends on the mood of the people working on that day. Sad to say, the Japz win in this aspect.

Anyway, welcome to the world of conti [sly]

actually not really high FC.. but must see which conti..

High maintenace? Compare some of our regular servicing with those at C&C .. see which is cheaper.. My actual first tank FC was 11.8km/l. Not bad, I must say. Maybe the factory fitted Michelin Energy tyres help.

Maintenance wise, i feel should be equal or less than a typical Japanese car AD's cost. When I factor in the 15k km interval between servicing, I guess it helps a lot too.