Replace spark plugs

Hlkh

If hit 60k I would definitely change.

I use to change mine at 20k.

4 copper plugs $10 and DIY.

:D

Now I think 20k is too often. 40k better.

might as well buy a set of irdium.

easily last 60k dun need to keep take out and check

↡ Advertisement

Spark plugs to change at 60k is stated in the manual? Usually iridium plugs nowadays are to be replaced at 100k. I replaced mine at 80k during major servicing just to be safe.

Yes stated in manual. Lol for the Thai versions. My altis I changed once cos recommended by service center. But that was at like 20k.

Yes stated in manual. Lol for the Thai versions. My altis I changed once cos recommended by service center. But that was at like 20k.

What??? 20K? those should be copper plugs then. So how much did you pay for your plugs for the Kimchi?

• Praise 4

What??? 20K? those should be copper plugs then. So how much did you pay for your plugs for the Kimchi?

Thats for my prev altis. My kimchi only 10+k on odometer after one year.

Even my Honda 4.5 years old only 61k lol.

That one last time, yeah should be copper switch to iridium. Did feel a significant improvement after changing lol.

Neutral Newbie

Yeah one of the things i have really learned is never to tighen something too much ! It damages the thread, wont hold on any better than correct torque and can be hell to get out again, worst case you damage the bolt/sparkplug etc.

My sparkplugs i usually just tighten with firm grim, like unwinding a jam lid, if not a torque wrench is at hand, it has worked all the times :)

Thin wall spark plug sockets especially 14mm 12points drive are difficult to locate in Singapore. Attached newly design  thin wall spark plug socket with torque limiting device from Taiwan tool maker. Designed to help mechanics save time and to prevent over tightening.

post-272-0-54201700-1564400829.jpg

Lol sent my car for servicing with the WS. They just called me saying the spark plugs bought from fitinpart.sg don't fit lol...

Lol sent my car for servicing with the WS. They just called me saying the spark plugs bought from fitinpart.sg don't fit lol...

refund !!!  :D

not the same part no. ? 

refund !!! :D

not the same part no. ?

Very weird. The ws called me again. Say the oem plugs on their side also cannot fit. Have to get original which cost 180 per set...

Very weird. The ws called me again. Say the oem plugs on their side also cannot fit. Have to get original which cost 180 per set...

$45 per pc [dizzy] .... this is for the Honda ? 

time to change workshop ....

time to change workshop ....

Hmmm recommended by another mcf guy. Seemed pretty OK the last time I went.

My car is q uncommon in Sg and probably majority serviced with kah motors. So I also dunno la.

$45 per pc [dizzy] .... this is for the Honda ?

Yeah. What to do...

Hmmm recommended by another mcf guy. Seemed pretty OK the last time I went.

My car is q uncommon in Sg and probably majority serviced with kah motors. So I also dunno la.

Yeah. What to do...

Honda parts can get from the stockist like Thian Seng or Meng Ngee, or even from MCF market place!

Honda parts can get from the stockist like Thian Seng or Meng Ngee, or even from MCF market place!

Yeah la. This oem spark plug from online shop and deliver to my home mah.

I just assumed their specs would be correct. Since their site can find all the model number of the corresponding parts.

Now ws say cannot fit, then where can exchange so fast. Car already down. Where got so much time to go settle. Just pay and settle the problem for now.

Edited by Lala81

I just assumed their specs would be correct. Since their site can find all the model number of the corresponding parts.

Now ws say cannot fit, then where can exchange so fast. Car already down. Where got so much time to go settle. Just pay and settle the problem for now.

Ya. This will last you another 60K km to 100K km. You can keep the exchanged set as spares or sell them  off.

You must find out what is the oem part number / manufacturer, that fits.

Record this down, so next time you won't get the "wrong" part.

You must find out what is the oem part number / manufacturer, that fits.

Record this down, so next time you won't get the "wrong" part.

Haha now it's using original leh. The oem parts all don't fit. Anyway unlikely i will change again. 4.5+ years, only 62000km.

Even if I keep to near scrap, unlikely to change 2nd time with my mileage.

↡ Advertisement