Replace spark plugs

Hlkh

Twincharged

Yeah la. This oem spark plug from online shop and deliver to my home mah.

I just assumed their specs would be correct. Since their site can find all the model number of the corresponding parts.

Now ws say cannot fit, then where can exchange so fast. Car already down. Where got so much time to go settle. Just pay and settle the problem for now.

the honda car manual should list the spark plug part number from NGK or denso. buy exactly the same and it WILL fit. what nonsense is the workshop spouting?

↡ Advertisement

the honda car manual should list the spark plug part number from NGK or denso. buy exactly the same and it WILL fit. what nonsense is the workshop spouting?

Hmm OK. I did some googling and relooked at my car manual.

Mine is a Thai CR1.

A) Engine spec and the NGK part as stated.

B) denso part that was sold to me. IK20L

C) Denso catalogue from their website

- so I don't think can blame the mechanics and the maybe even fitinpart. They probably were using their own denso spark plug.

Every other accord can fit this part. Only my stupid car for some reason doesn't use the same spark plug that its brothers uses lol.

I have no idea of this NGK part is commonly available...

You must find out what is the oem part number / manufacturer, that fits.

Record this down, so next time you won't get the "wrong" part.

Refer to my silly car lol.

post-4207-0-55156100-1566289492_thumb.jpg

post-4207-0-23367700-1566289498_thumb.jpg

post-4207-0-56933800-1566289509_thumb.jpg

Twincharged

Mine is a Thai CR1.

- so I don't think can blame the mechanics and the maybe even fitinpart. They probably were using their own denso spark plug.

Every other accord can fit this part. Only my stupid car for some reason doesn't use the same spark plug that its brothers uses lol.

looks like LLST. need to buy original NGK SILZKR7C11DS or the honda part.

the NGK part is not that common. also almost just as expensive buying online vs getting the orig honda part locally.

Sell off the Denso IK20L. 100% cannot use.

anyway if you bought the plugs under honda CR1, might be able to use.

Edited by Mkl22

Anyway just update, fitinpart.sg are willing to take back the spark plugs for refund.

Quite prompt customer service (overseas online CSO), then created a ticket/email to the Fitinpart.sg office staff.

But I have to return it to Ubi myself.

• Praise 1

Mine is a Thai CR1.

My original spark plugs were double iridium type. When I changed, I used IK20L and there is no problem!

My original spark plugs were double iridium type. When I changed, I used IK20L and there is no problem!

Only CR1 is the odd one out lah. every other Accord model can use it...

But some of the newer Hondas also have the same problem. Civic 1.5 turbo also have some unique spark plug (at least for denso)

But some of the newer Hondas also have the same problem. Civic 1.5 turbo also have some unique spark plug (at least for denso)

Some time ago, a fren wanted to change his copper plugs to iridium.

We had a wonderful time hunting for the correct part number.

It was either a IK20 or IK22, I can't recall.

Then he found out it's a little too long.

So it didn't fit.

It seems car manufacturer with new engine, like to move their "spark point" to optimize power delivery or efficiency.

So the "older", more popular plugs didn't fit. You have to go after the newer ones.

• Praise 2

Deleted.

Edited by Fitvip

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Just did a major maintenance of my Honda Vezel recently and was advised to replace by spark plugs. Was told by the service advisor that the spark plugs of the Honda Vezel are more expensive compared to the BMW and was charged $50 per piece. May I know if that's the usual price or did I get ripped off?

Attached is my service invoice.

With that said, does a major maintenance usually cost so much?

Major Maintenance Screenshot.png

On 11/5/2019 at 11:38 AM, Seasurfer said:

Was told by the service advisor that the spark plugs of the Honda Vezel are more expensive compared to the BMW and was charged $50 per piece

A quick check has shown a set of irdium plugs for vezel cost $60 in carousel..

Most Diyer's when come to changing spark plugs , have a lot of reservations on how tight should one tighten the spark plugs. Insufficient torquing will cause compression gas leakage and misfiring, over tighten will create difficulties in removing in yr next replacement cycle.

The best solution is to purchase a torque wrench but most quality wrench do not come cheap.

To reduce cost for DIYer's and professional mechanics , one innovative tool maker has come with a idea to built-in a torque limiting device to a spark plug wrench. It will automatically trip ( free turning ) when reaching the desired torque. It prevents over tightening and resulting in stripped threads. No need to have the hand tightening feeling!! Hope this helps

SPW14T.jpg

SPW14T-opt.jpg

Edited by Yeobh

I just replaced my set of 4 normal spark plugs (rated about 20k km) for $28 including labour.  The set of 4 Iridium spark plugs (rated about 40k km) costs $98 including labour.

It does not make sense to pay more than 3x the price for 2x the use.  Mine is just a Vios so I rationalise that I don't need such high-end spark plug for ultra performance.

↡ Advertisement