Car Vacuum Cleaner Fuse.

Titanium

Hmmn... I dunno shld this be in here or in detailing. [sweatdrop]

I have a old B&D Car Vaccum cleaner, its original cigartette plug was spolit, so i bought a cheapo cigarette plug (without fuse) from SLT, it worked for a yr but i feel unsafe and the connection is nt that secure. So i get another better cigarette plug from SLT again.

This cigarette plug has a glass fuse rated 240v 3amp inside, but it blew once i on the vacuum. So i get a 7amp to try it and it worked. But after vacuum for ard 10min, the plug started to melt.

So i wondering if anyone here do know what is the correct amp for a 12v car vacuum cleaner? Please advise me...

Thank you. [;)]

↡ Advertisement

listen, get rid of the vacuum cleaner. the motor probably has excessive carbon buildup resulting in extra strain onto the stator. hence the reason ur 3Amp fuse is blown. upgrading to 7A is a no no solution.

Bro why don't u try using a cordless vac or one which uses 240V AC? Yr current one sounds and looks dangerous, not worth risking damage to yr car's electrical system. [sweatdrop]

I got a better quality plug wif a 5 amp fuse, it come with a metre long cable wif a male power connector. So i replace the vaccum connector to a female connector. And it work very well... [thumbsup]

Pic attached... [;)]

post-8-1145800537_thumb.jpg

post-8-1145800538_thumb.jpg

Hello,Dear Sir!

We are a professional production and sales of automotive fuse manufacturers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tai Shin Ming Tai Safeguard Circuitry Element Co.,Ltd

Address: No.18 Renxiao Road,Taicheng Town, Taishan City, Guangdong Province, China

Tel:+86-0750-5658136

Fax: +86-0750-5658137

Phone Number:+8613822308586

MSN:[email protected]

E-mail:[email protected]

from china..oh no.

Just to share my friend`s point of view. I brought my 1st vacuum cleaner 3yrs ago n had been using it till last month it break down. So when i ask my friend to go shop shop with me for a new one, he say y buy a low power vacuum when u can use masking tape which is much cheaper, can stick more dirt then vacuum and most important it dun need to draw any power ? After thinking, wat he say was kinda true ! Lolz.. just my 2cents [;)]

↡ Advertisement