Difference between Philips DiamondVision Plus and Crystal Vision?

Brock

diamond vision and crystal vision u mean. vison plus is another bulb.

Basically diamond vison bulbs have more coils (which are more tightly wound)in the filament making it brighter on the same wattage. Downside is that they'll blow faster.

Hmmz... the diamonds are brighter than the VP. thats why they're rally spec bulbs and thus are not TUV approved. the reason they don't seem to throw as far is because of the white light. drive on a long dark road with reflectors and you'll realise that the DV have a much longer throw than VP's (which are just a lil more than the CV's).

Actually, I'm not looking for longer throw. I'm looking for whiter and sparkling. That's why I was asking the difference betwen DiamondVision and CrystalVision.

Neutral Newbie

If you are looking for whiter and sparkling, then DV is the one. Its whiter than Crystal for sure. Crystal still abit yellowish. But please make sure installer don't touch the glass on the bulb. It will shorten lifespan. I using DV for quite sometime already and this is my first pair till now.

Can you please point to me the link to where it states LTA compliant = below 4000k?

This is what I got from LTA's website

Qn: Are halogen bulbs that produce whiter light allowed?

Ans: Besides HID headlamps, halogen bulbs that produce whiter light are also allowed. These bulbs are designed to filter out the yellowish spectrum, hence emitting a whiter light that helps the motorists to see what's ahead at night.

However, vehicle owners are advised not to use bulbs that exceed the recommended wattage rating by the vehicle manufacturer. They should also ensure that headlamps are properly aligned after replacing the bulbs to prevent glare that might distract other road users.

In order of whiteness,

1) DiamondVision @ 5000K

2) CrystalVision @ 4300K

3) BlueVision @ 4000K

The rest of the halogen range are below 4000K.

I got CrystalVision as it comes with a pair of 4300K W5W bulbs otherwise the car will look weird with white & yellow lights.

Make sure u look carefully when purchasing those Taiwan and Jap bulbs, they are mostly 80-100W.

> I got CrystalVision as it comes with a pair of 4300K W5W bulbs otherwise

> the car will look weird with white & yellow lights.

The pair of W5W bulbs are positional bulbs right?

↡ Advertisement