Dragos

Neutral Newbie

Base price in the range of $132K.

This is very close to the price of a Lexus RX300

and not competitive.

Cheers!

Neutral Newbie

SsangYong Rexton RX280 Joins Line-up Friday, January 24, 2003 By Chips

Since its introduction in Malaysia six months ago, the SsangYong Rexton has certainly been selling well: 606 units were sold during 2002, an impressive number for a newcomer to the market. The reason for its quick acceptability has a lot to do with the attractive pricing as well the fact that there is Mercedes-Benz technology in the SUV.

The 606 units sold were of three versions

Supersonic

It's supposed to be a cut-price volvo xc-90 7 seat SUV. Saw it during the motorshow, the last row of seats is a bit of a joke. Yeah, at $132k, dun think price is very competitive. At that price, if need 7 seats, might as well buy a nice MPV or if need SUV, might as well buy RX300.

Neutral Newbie

So daska, I saw it yesterday night while going to the MCF meetup...first thing I noticed was the REXTON wording on the bumper. Cannot recognise the make but it does capture my attention, very attractive indeed.

Hopefully the ride is just as good.

Neutral Newbie

Yup, Ssangyong uses Benz engine even in the Musso days. But I think I read somewhere that the Rexton is using an older Benz engine, not the latest you find on the road in Merc

Neutral Newbie

Yup, it is using an old Benz engine, not their new technology. Read a review on it...the 2.3L is quite under-powered for it's 1800kg body. For normal road driving still ok but not powerful enough for off-road driving.

Anyone rexton owner here?

Where is a good place and have parts to service the rexton?

Will any workshop servicing merc be able to handle?

Pls advise. Thxs .