Any DIY plans during long weekends?

Sofarsogood

Since we got 3 long weekends coming up (including this one), anyone has plans to do any DIY? I thought of removing swirl marks on my car (certain areas only). Will pop by Autobacs or DIYgurus to see what are the tools I need. Feel free to recommend me if you have any. BTW, it be purely handiwork (no machine involved).

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Oh saw this msg late..if not could have ask you along to detail. just DIYed my paintwork this afternoon. Used the klasse starter kit [thumbsup] took me a total of 4 hrs to wash, clay AIO + SG + Photo Taking. [sweatdrop]

Tools that I've used:

Applicator pads - from autobaccs

Soft99 scratch mark remover - Leftover from my previous starlet

Claybar from autobacs - cost me $13++ [bigcry] Saw the group buy too late.

MF cloth from Daiso (Lots of stuffs there and cheap!)

Klasse Kit

post-14-1146306980_thumb.jpg

post-14-1146306981_thumb.jpg

post-14-1146306982_thumb.jpg

post-14-1146306983_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mika140

Neutral Newbie

Well done bro! Very nice ride u have there. Where did u do ur bodykit ya? Wad did u get the klasse starter kit? i just washed my car...but I think going to rain...arhhhh!

Neutral Newbie

My Body Kit comes with the car. The previous owner converted to the new facelift version and if I am not wrong, it is custom made in malaysia.

I got my starter kit from stancer of car image. http://klassesg.com/carimage.html. Cost me $19. and yes its going to rain and I am going out for dinner! [bigcry][bigcry]

Neutral Newbie

just bought the Bosch GEX 270AE, so decisde to try out on the bonnet only ..

this is the 1st time using machine to polish the car ... result seem better than hand, at lease it get rid of the swirl mark which i can't by using hand ..

Tool - GEX270AE

Wash Car and clay only Bonnet

FPII by Machine and buff off with MF cloth, manage to clear off the swirl mark ...

FTG by Machine and buff off with MF cloth

FMJ by hand

Attach some photo ..

[inline "Machine Polish.JPG"]

[inline "Machine Polish1.JPG"]

[inline "Machine Polish2.JPG"]

post-14-1146327091_thumb.jpg

post-14-1146327092_thumb.jpg

post-14-1146327093_thumb.jpg

My Body Kit comes with the car. The previous owner converted to the new facelift version and if I am not wrong, it is custom made in malaysia.

I got my starter kit from stancer of car image. http://klassesg.com/carimage.html. Cost me $19. and yes its going to rain and I am going out for dinner! bigcry.gifbigcry.gif

$19???!!! for AIO and SG?

Phew! U guys sure know how to shine up your cars.

I can't imagine me having a shine like that.

Must take alot of effort to keep it looking so good. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

wow nice [thumbsup]

you all very fast... it takes me 2 hrs + just to polish leather, vaccum and wash car with shampoo [sweatdrop]

Ha ha if i polished and waxed i think i need 1/2 a day (if i dont get lazy and decide to slack somewhere that is lol)

Neutral Newbie

I think all of you would have agree with me that black cars are difficult to maintain..it'll look darn clean, shiny after you wash and wax your ride..but after a few days..and with the recent rainy season..it'll start to look $*(&(*@#! [dizzy]

Neutral Newbie
Wow. nice work. Did you have problems with swirl marks? You used the soft99 to clear it?

Actually not really...my car did not have swirl marks previously...Just some water marks. I used the soft99 scratch mark removal to remove the tree sap mark that sort of eat up my clear coat and after a few pass of it, the paintwork is as good as the rest of the car :)

Neutral Newbie

I got my starter kit from stancer of car image. http://klassesg.com/carimage.html. Cost me $19. and yes its going to rain and I am going out for dinner! bigcry.gifbigcry.gif

$19???!!! for AIO and SG?

Yes, its the starter kit. Comes with small bottles but I think its good enought for 4-5 polishing session. Very good value for money in my opinion.

↡ Advertisement