Fuel Consumption Saving Tips

Gigacrusher

With the price of petrol at sky high levels this days, I have been adopting a conservative driving styles with grade 95 petrol and it is amazing how much I am able to hit 16.05km/lit with my face lifted 7th Gen Civic.

I also would like to know if I can use grade 92 now. Anybody can give me some insight here?

Thanks in advance!

Rgds,

GigaCrusher

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

ur civic can hit 16km/l??? mine is auto....is about 10km/l leh....but i did not really save petrol lah....heh heh

my friend told me 95 n 98 not much diff...yesterday's paper also say so...

but for civic, last time the agent told me must minimum use 95...think you dun try and use 92 lah..sekali car spoil in any case...repair cost also not worth it....use 95 lah...wont cost much more than 92....

oh so the 7th gen is SF* car plate one right?....okok i noe liao...haha diff btwn 1.6 and 2.0 litre ba....my primera drinking 8.5km/l [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

IMO price gap between 92 and 95 not that significant, so unless you clock high mileage every month or really want to save that little bit, stick with 95. Assuming that 95 will give you a little extra mileage, as well as slightly more power when you need it, I don't see any reason to use 92.

issit?...hahah oh u got the last batch before they started selling the FD huh...tat means im sure they gave u HID headlights right?...

Neutral Newbie

ya, i agree with u. i used to pump 92. then when i calculated, prices of 92 and 95 not much diff leh. so, now i pump 95. recently did another check, prices of 95 and 98 also not much diff [confused]

alamak... to use 98 or not to use? [:/]

My car is auto 1.6L with HID frint lights. Trust me that driving styles really make a difference....I just need to remind the recent Shell competition to stretch the petrol dollar and the winner came in at an amazing 29km/L! What is amazing is the couple won in a Hyundai Sonata if I recall correctly...

I'm a light footer, btw. Using Esso 95.

Maybe I'm doing too much City driving liao. (And you do more highway).

And I've got a heavy rear spoiler. [dead]

But I've never hear of anyone doing a 16km/l on our rides.

Our rides minumum need Ron95 as stated in the manual.

So you better stick to it.

Someone tried Ron92 and a lot of knocking sounds were heard from the engine. Guess it'll do no good to your engine in the long term.

↡ Advertisement