Fuel Consumption Saving Tips

Gigacrusher

rather than talk about what petrol save FC , better to talk about what car make/model save petrol

right?

because a heavier car with a larger engine is almost more fuel consuming than a lighter car with smaller engine

cause my friends keep saying Esso dunno how good how good, that's why i'm interested to find out the brands. If brands are not a concern then i will just stick to my caltex hehe.

Yes agree with you, bigger engine with higher horsepower will definitely consume more oil, if want to save FC, get a smaller car or get Toyota, they famous for FC

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

cause my friends keep saying Esso dunno how good how good, that's why i'm interested to find out the brands. If brands are not a concern then i will just stick to my caltex hehe.

Yes agree with you, bigger engine with higher horsepower will definitely consume more oil, if want to save FC, get a smaller car or get Toyota, they famous for FC

correct, but not all toyota is good at FC, eg picnic is very bad

wish is good

vios very good

altis camry average

estima/rav4 also quite bad

correct, but not all toyota is good at FC, eg picnic is very bad

wish is good

vios very good

altis camry average

estima/rav4 also quite bad

Yeah! Correct.

I was driving an Altis 1.6E and changed to Subaru 2.0 recently and I can say that the current 2009s Subaru is quite fuel efficient, still monitoring the consumption. Slightly more than my Altis but i'm fine cause it's 2L now. :wub:

If forever concern about FC, never get to drive nicer cars liao.

That is true. If not will never get to drive those luxury cars.

The direction car manufacturers are going for in light of the consumer requests are smaller engine with turbo/supercharger options. This direction helps in lowering FC but yet still maintain its power. You can see that in conti cars like VW, Merc.

Wah!!!!!! I try my civic 1.8 for 4 yrs, the best i can reach is 12km/l. Avg is 9 to 10

My 2007's Civic (1.8L) also averages around 10km/litre.

I always pump Caltex 98 ... serves me well thus far ... no complains.

Achieving good FC will depend on the "sweet spot" of your cruise speed. Some cars have lower speed sweet-spot. Some have higher.

If you drive daily, you will be able to feel that at a certain speed your vehicle glides effortlessly with little throttling. The idea is to keep to THAT speed as much as possible.

And in order to do so with our kind of stop-start traffic condition, simply keep about 2 to 3, or 3 to 4 car length distance away from the car in front. This will give you some "plus & minus tolerance" to maintain to your sweet-spot cruise.

Avoid Jack-rabbit acceleration and stunt-man skid braking.

Driving SMOOTHLY from start to stop is the biggest contributor to best fuel economy. Don't be surprise to even double the distance (FC km/L) stated in your car manual. It has been proven.

Achieving good FC will depend on the "sweet spot" of your cruise speed. Some cars have lower speed sweet-spot. Some have higher.

If you drive daily, you will be able to feel that at a certain speed your vehicle glides effortlessly with little throttling. The idea is to keep to THAT speed as much as possible.

And in order to do so with our kind of stop-start traffic condition, simply keep about 2 to 3, or 3 to 4 car length distance away from the car in front. This will give you some "plus & minus tolerance" to maintain to your sweet-spot cruise.

Avoid Jack-rabbit acceleration and stunt-man skid braking.

Driving SMOOTHLY from start to stop is the biggest contributor to best fuel economy. Don't be surprise to even double the distance (FC km/L) stated in your car manual. It has been proven.

And of course, need to keep out of lane 1 of expressways. The lane 1 is where all the fast-go-stop actions happen, and not a good environment for good FC.

Neutral Newbie

drive what also the same, just go gentle on your right foot.

fuel consumption will automatic be good

drive what also the same, just go gentle on your right foot.

fuel consumption will automatic be good

I agree. That is absolutely correct.

Yesterday managed to achieve 22 km/litre.

1) Light footed. Not above 3K rpm unless necessary.

2) Kept 3 to 4 car lengths away .. above 60km/hr. 2 to 3 car lengths .. below 60km/hr.

3) Cruising between 70 ~ 80km/hr.

4) Smooth acceleration and deceleration.

5) Tyre 25% above recommended.

6) 50% highway. 50% HDB estate.

7) Air-Con was ON all the way.

8) Added a bottle of $2.89 japanese fuel additive.

9) Fuel = Caltex 92.

10) Human additive ... 1 can of Redbull (thailand export).

Yesterday managed to achieve 22 km/litre.

1) Light footed. Not above 3K rpm unless necessary.

2) Kept 3 to 4 car lengths away .. above 60km/hr. 2 to 3 car lengths .. below 60km/hr.

3) Cruising between 70 ~ 80km/hr.

4) Smooth acceleration and deceleration.

5) Tyre 25% above recommended.

6) 50% highway. 50% HDB estate.

7) Air-Con was ON all the way.

8) Added a bottle of $2.89 japanese fuel additive.

9) Fuel = Caltex 92.

10) Human additive ... 1 can of Redbull (thailand export).

what car u driving 1st?

this kind of figure, even if u do all of the above, can't achieve for some cars.

Good planning is also important, especially if you go to unfamilar places. Not as apparent in Singapore, but if go oversea, if you miss one exit, your heart will feel the pain when the next exit is 15 minutes or more away!

what car u driving 1st?

this kind of figure, even if u do all of the above, can't achieve for some cars.

Mitsubishi i.

1) 659 cc

2) 900 kg (dry weight)

Possible for small cars within the 1.1 litre range. Picanto, Chery, Alto, Lapin, Getz, etc..

Neutral Newbie

Inflate tyres to 40psi

Drive slow best follow a truck at a distance.

Free yr gear approaching red light.

My opinion. any extra dollar spent in a car that claimed to save petrol cost u abt 0.5ltr of petrol.

For a fuel saving product that cost $300, cost u abt 150ltrs of fuel.

↡ Advertisement