VW Caddy Life

Koolaba

The Caddy Life TDI is a passenger vehicle running on diesel. If you are registering this vehicle for private usage, you will need to pay 6x or 7x road tax. Only the Caddy SDI light goods vehicle is sold in Singapore (not the TDI version).

Are you looking for a light goods vehicle?

With the rising price of petrol, I tot of changing to a decent and fun turbo diesel light goods vehicle like Kangoo, Fiat doblo, Opel Combo and the Peugeot Partner. But I think this Caddy looks the best.

What is the SDI version? doe it look the same?

The SDI (Suction Diesel Injection) engines from VAG come without the turbocharger. TDI (Turbo Diesel Injection) versions are equipped with a turbo charger.

The SDI and TDI Caddy have the same exterior. It is a pity that C&C is still not bringing in the TDI Caddy to Singapore.

SDI is simply the most basic diesel engine without the use of turbochargers to enhance the air intake.

This article from How Stuff Works will give you a better understanding of the operating principles of diesel engines.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/diesel.htm

Another article for your interest.

http://www.motoring.co.za/index.php?fArtic...=844&fSetId=381

Thanx. I understand SDI = S( german words for unit injector pump) D ( direct) I(injection)

SDI is a very old diesel fuel injection system - Unit Inejction pump. This system is widely used by US commercial industrial engine makers like Cummins and GM. The high fuel pressure is built up at the injector level.

TDI = T ( german words for common rail diesel pump ) D ( direct) I ( injection ). Very new system and behave like petrol fuel sequential injection system except it develops very much higher pressure.

Hi bro,

I am curious to find out more on the german definitions of S and T which you have mentioned. As far as I know, unit injection fuel system is Pumpe-Duese Einspritzsystem in German.

Thanks for the pics. Very nice. I've been scouting for a SDI Caddy also. But recently the COE shot up to $12K....and I'm still in denial mode. Coz 1/2 year ago, SDI caddy was sold at $36K. Now it's like $42K or $43K.

Sad.

↡ Advertisement