Lowest Profile for 15" ..?

Eazterence

Neutral Newbie

Guys..

I'm looking for new tyres already. Cuz my current tyre is already more than 1.5yrs old. More or less a few more months need to change le. I am looking to buy those low profiles type. I've seen a Profile 55 at the lowest for 15". Is there any profile smaller than this? Also, are they quiet? Having lower profile tyre will have overall lower ride, right?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

My provious ride is 195/50/R15. Guess this should be the lowest profile for a 15" tyre.

If you're only changing tyres, then you have no choice but to stick to the same tyre size (roughly) as if you stick to the same width and with lower profile, the rolling diameter will be different.

Also if your car is like mine and can run 2 different sized tyres on the same rim (175/65R14 vs 180/60R14 in my case), even though the profile is smaller for the larger tyre, the thickness of the sidewall is still the same so it makes no difference.

Neutral Newbie

Mine is the Nissan Sunny default sports rims. With 65 now, so you mean I cannot go lower than this ar? Cuz I really wanna try those 50 or 55.. Haha..

(edited)

nope, not unless theres another size in your rims diameter and width that has the same rolling diameter.

Unfortunately ir makes no difference as regardless of profile the sidewall thickness will still be the same as the profile is just a percentage of the tire width.

Edit: Actually you could but you speedo and odo readings will be lower than what you're actually doing, plus its illegal.

Edited by Elfenstar

(edited)

Did some calculations. I don't know for sure but i'm guessing that you wheel size is 185/65R14??? If yes to go to a 50 profile on 14's you'll need 225/50R14 tire size and your speedo will be 2.66% off which is still alright but illegal due to a size not stated on your tire placard.

You will need a min of a 6.5inch wide wheel/rim to fit those on according to the tire calculator i used.

Edited by Elfenstar

Neutral Newbie

Haha.. I wanna retain my rims wor.. DUn wan change rims.. Just changing tyres.. Current its either 205/65/R15 if not its 185/65/R15. Forgot the width of my bridgestone..

Legally you can only use the sizes stated on your tireplacard/manual or plus sizes (so wheel and tire sizes are increased accordingly together).

Neutral Newbie

i got 1 suggestion for u.. trade in ur rims and get new rims and tyres! dan u can go for ur 55. anyway one point to take note is expect nosier rides..

I think he doesnt want to change rims. What i'm trying to do the hard way is to teach him that even if he can change to a lower profile tyre, it makes no difference as the width of the sidewall will still be the same.

Neutral Newbie

i see ur point.. [thumbsup] i think he does too well im jus giving him a suggestion.. pxx xxxg is offering quite affordable rims..

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for your suggestion dude.. pxx xxxg really giving real good prices for rims.. Haha..