Buying new VW Caddy from other dealers?

Kianbeng

Hi Guys,

Need some advise. I am aware that the authorised agent for VW commercial vehicles is Cars&Cars @ Toa Payoh. I went down but they don't even have showroom model. No stock for the next 2 months or so.

But when I called streetsmart at turf city, they can also offer me VW Caddy within 2-3 weeks. Guaranteed COE. I can also test drive the Caddy. They got 1 there. He even told me that the delivery is confirmed one. Can write down black and white. But he claims the vehicle is taken from agent (which means C&C right).

So I'm quite confused. If C&C no stock, how come other dealers can still sell it? Same price also. Me really need a van soon. Within 3-4 months. Need to plan now.

Either buying a Caddy 2.0 SDI or a Fiat Dablo 1.3MJT. Going to test drive these 2 on sat. According to reviews, I think the Fiat got better power coz got turbo even though 1.3L. But the caddy looks nice, and the build is good.

↡ Advertisement

Ya according to the reviews, this Fiat 1.3MJT is better than this SDI caddy. Same price also. Size also the same roughly. But I really in a dilemma myself. VW is more reputable by right. Fiat cars....last time parts very expensive one. Aesthetics wise, caddy also nicer.

Durability, I'm not sure coz both models also quite new.

But....wouldn't you feel funny that you're paying the same price for a 1.3Fiat and a 2.0VW? Rather pay for the 2litre right?

(edited)

caddy is soooo much nicer than fiat...

moreover its fitted with sport rims...

and w/o turbo..(can be gd..can be bad) haha..but to mi..if im running high mileage..i prefer a non turbo...

Edited by Longg8

ya..thats one of the reason why I'm thinking of the SDI.....coz it's gonna have 1 lesser thing (at least) to worry about.

Yes. Confirmed. But not sure when they will be coming. Realised that the SDI version is damm under powered.

Check out the Fiat Doblo. Supercharged. Very fast already. And lesser problems like TC. But then again, they are all european brands. Spare parts are all very expensive.

End up I've weighed all my options and decided that it's not worth at all to buy a van as a 2nd vehicle. I think I'll get a OPC as 2nd veh. Makes more sense. Much cheaper also.

↡ Advertisement