Does ECU over-rides Piggy back setting over times

Zepil99

Neutral Newbie

Hi, been trying to search but din not get any conclusion. So need some advice.

I heard new cars (mine is M2 SP) operate in close loop when partial throttle and open loop in full throttle.

As a normal driver that does not full throttle 100% of the time (i think i have never cross 4k rpm yet), will the ECU over-rides the piggy back setting while in close loop condition?

Asking this question as i am interested to install a piggy back to smoothen my ride, and improve FC if possible.

So far looking at

1. unichip (800+ ?? where got good tuner?)

2. SAFC 2 (500+ ?? where got good tuner?)

3. ADM tuning box (400+ ?? where got good tuner?)

4. Obit (1k+ ?? where got good tuner?)

since for NA cars like mine, most likely we will be tuning the A/F ratio only right? so will unichip and obit an over kill as 80% of the function are not being utilised?

appreciate any feedback or advice

↡ Advertisement

From what i've noticed, the ECU tends to overide the ECU in closed loop after a while once it learns. Hoever, some ECU's do learn the difference in closed loop and compensate while in open loop as well. You have to check with your specific car make and model.

Function wise the same bits are tuned for both FI and NA applications. I don't know abt obit and ADM but you can get the unichip and SAFC without the extra functions like anti-lag.

Neutral Newbie

打破沙锅问到底, i want to know what i am installing instead of blindly following around mar. also good for learning new knowledge [wave]

Neutral Newbie

Good to learn first before installing.. might even end up regretting it. Good work. :) Yeah.. most piggyback can override the factory ECU... but some morden ECU might learn.. and overrirde back the piggyback. So you have to check with the piggyback seller to confirm.

From what i've noticed, the ECU tends to overide the ECU in closed loop after a while once it learns. Hoever, some ECU's do learn the difference in closed loop and compensate while in open loop as well. You have to check with your specific car make and model.

Function wise the same bits are tuned for both FI and NA applications. I don't know abt obit and ADM but you can get the unichip and SAFC without the extra functions like anti-lag.

1. I'm tempted to go for ECU mod but after reading from magazines and others' feedback, it seems like the ECU will somehow learnt and "Overwrite" the aftermarket ECU over time.

Honda's default ECU is one of those notoriously smart one.

2. The problem is no installer will guarantee that your ECU will not be overwritten by the default one over time. They probably will ask you to come back often to fine tune and check.

3. The better one have memory to store various settings and allow you to use various ECU options by pressing a button.

Regards,

I have never used a piggyback for that reason. full replacement ECU or remapped standard ECU

Anyway, many consider ECU mod as the last stage of car mod. Talking about that I still have many things that I've yet to mod. Perhaps should consider an ECU reader instead, at least it tells you more about your cars.

Regards,

Why not you ask the professionals about it? I know a workshop dealing with Unichip! And they have the dynos for it. You can check out their websites for it. Its Visauto.net ! Go check it out 1st.

Neutral Newbie

thanks for the , i have read that website before. the shopfront is in malaysia. they are the authorised distributor for unichip in Singapore and Malaysia.

but their website does not contain enough technical detail that i need. so tryign to ask round for expertise here

I think you are referring to Visauto at Permas. They provide dyno at the price of MYR88... so just dyno your ride after 3 months post tuning and match it with your dyno result upon tuning [pirate]

↡ Advertisement