FMJ Merc S280

Ic3ncok3

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

I don't post much but just wanted to post this to further encourage light coloured car owners into detailing. Been hearing alot of frens owning light coloured cars not wanting to spend the time at detailing.

So you might call this a post to vent.

This is my dad's 2000 Merc S280, paint is not CeramiClear. They announced the paint months after my dad got the car. Colour is "Chardonnay Blue". Washed & clayed last evening, polished and sealed this morning with Bosch PEX400AE.

Had gone over it with Meg's DACP some time back but didn't have time to follow up with a finer polish. So this is the follow up detail.

Process:

1. Wash & spot clayed.

2. FPII with polishing pad.

3. FMJx1 by hand.

4. Tires got Autoglym Bumper Care

Tried taking some before pics but camera couldn't show much. So here are the afters.

Front

Posted Image

Hood

Posted Image

Left

Posted Image

Rear Left

Posted Image

Roof

Posted Image

Rear Right

Posted Image

Regards

Ic3nCok3

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

The car looks great [thumbsup] and must have taken you quite sometime to finish the job [sweatdrop] . Well done [nod] .

if ur dad changed his front and rear lamps, i'm sure people will mistaken it for the newer S280.. the one with clear crystal lights.. not the latest S350.. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

thnks to all who have made compliments. really appreciate it. [:)]

yea i agree, the headlights + tail-lights of the facelifted version is much better looking.

Neutral Newbie

originally tried to psycho my dad to do it. unfortunately he's not interested in doing conversions.

he's got his eyes set on striking toto so he can get the new S class for retirement.

Neutral Newbie

i wish [laugh]

as much as the S class is a fantastic car, i dun think it is yet time for me to be driving one. still got too much energy to expend. i guess S class is for those who are more settled and sensible.

most younger pple not that settled yet. C class more appropriate. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

always like the silver colored Merc... woo.. u jus brought the colors back...