TOYO PROXES T1R

Ken79

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Anyone here can advise on the above tires? I was introduced by the salesman when I was
looking to change my tires.The side of my front tires already Botak so think it is time to change a new set. I was quoted $115 per piece for 15" and the salesman told me I will not regret getting it. I better seek some gurus here to advise before I buy. Please advise if you have use this model before. confused.gif

Edited by Laserjet
↡ Advertisement

T1R IS a very reputable tire...

but as for the price, i can't comment coz i dunno the market price...

perhaps other bros here can contribute

yes, u won't regret it. I am presently using this tire and the grip is super i would say. T1R is a performance tire, not those comfort type. FYI, the Fast&Furious Tokyo drift is also using TOYO tires.

Neutral Newbie

In term of the noise level,how will you rate it from 1 - 10?

I'm using Falken 512 at present and the noise is unbearable after 30K.. [sweatdrop]

Bah, the fast and the furious is like initial D. Full of BS!!

They're using Toyo as toyo is the major sponsor in most drift events and its trying to market its tyres as drift tyres (have u seen the red and blue smoke tyres?) As such it happily bid heaps to sponsor the movie.

that being said, the T1R is a very good tyre. grip wise its better than the F1's and close to the AD07's in the dry. Wet grip is above average as compared to all the other tyres in its league. Price wise its still very cheap in most places except Aust and the US where they have happily marked its price up.

My only issue with it is that when it gives up, it does so without any warning. Its predictable in this and fine for people who do know its limits, but not good for the average driver as they won't know when the car will lose traction and skid.

bro, I am confused by ur last paragraph on u are worry that the tire gives up without any warning. What do u mean by "gives up without warning"? Punctured or skid? what kind of tire will give u warning when it about to puncture or skid?

Normally, ppl would change tire every 40000km or 2 yrs or by observing the tread left(depending on how u drive also), not waiting till the car start to skid and lose traction then they go change it.

[drivingcar]

I have not reach 30000km on this tire yet but as far as i know for performance tire, the noise level will definitely be higher than those comfort and silence type. U can't have the best of both world right.

it means that when you're taking a corner very fast, you cant feel the tyre starting to give way or hear screetching till a split second before it totally loses traction.

basically you feel you have full traction one minute and the next your car is either understeering or oversteering without warning. But of course this is pushing the car. v.good for drift though, makes it easier to get good angles.

Neutral Newbie

ken79,

T1-R is a gripy tyre,wet and try..noise is much better than 512..u won't regret..

JB selling about RM240 to RM260 for this model (195/55R15)

Neutral Newbie

Chongsv,

Thanks alot. Will be getting it this weekend and post my review here after trying out few days. [drivingcar]

Neutral Newbie

I am using 205/55/R16 T1R for 10 months and had clocked 18K. Here is my feedback:

1. Better in all areas as compared to G3 & SP9000

2. Quieter than F1 for sure but F1 wins in Wet & Wet braking distance

3. Tyre is progressive. Gives good feedback to the driver, but I notice after 15K of use

its progressive nature decreases.

The only complaint for me on T1R is a longer wet braking distance as compared to F1 GSD3.

I chose T1R over F1 GSD3 are:

- a stiffer side wall, good for corners

- slightly lower price

- Quieter

Bah, the fast and the furious is like initial D. Full of BS!!

They're using Toyo as toyo is the major sponsor in most drift events and its trying to market its tyres as drift tyres (have u seen the red and blue smoke tyres?) As such it happily bid heaps to sponsor the movie.

that being said, the T1R is a very good tyre. grip wise its better than the F1's and close to the AD07's in the dry. Wet grip is above average as compared to all the other tyres in its league. Price wise its still very cheap in most places except Aust and the US where they have happily marked its price up.

My only issue with it is that when it gives up, it does so without any warning. Its predictable in this and fine for people who do know its limits, but not good for the average driver as they won't know when the car will lose traction and skid.

that meant is not a progressive tyres..when it break traction, it just break without warning like AD07...

Yup, pretty much. I would like to comment more on why i think the AD07's are better but they were in a 195 and 205/60 profile and the proxes were a 225 and 225/45 profile.

i saw the new RT615...profile 205/50/15R [sly]

my front i use thios tyres, my rear i use 195/55/15R AD07 [sly]