TOYO PROXES T1R

Ken79

heys. found this thread just today. anyone can gimme a shop that carry 195/55/14 or 185/60/14. cuz i called a few shops and they don't carry 14". most of them only carry 15" and above. please help thanks!

yeah. thanks. they dont have it. call pts. they quote $150 havent discount. but dont think they can discount to within my budget so most prob settling for firestone wide oval heard its cheap and good [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Anyone here can advise on the above tires? I was introduced by the salesman when I was

looking to change my tires.The side of my front tires already Botak so think it is time to change a new set. I was quoted $115 per piece for 15" and the salesman told me I will not regret getting it. I better seek some gurus here to advise before I buy. Please advise if you have use this model before.

Bro, here's a tyre review dated year 2005, which was posted by another MCF bro sometime back...

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?se...rticle_id=10252

Among the review were the following tyres being tested...

a) BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD

b) Bridgestone Potenza RE050A

c) Continental ContiSportContact 2

d) Dunlop SP Sport Maxx

e) Goodyear Eagle F1

f) Hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212

g) Kumho Ecsta MX

h) Michelin Pilot Sport PS2

i) Pirelli P Zero Rosso Asimmetrico

j) Toyo Proxes T1R

k) Yokohama Advan Neova AD07

Toyo Proxes T1R was ranked 8th placed in this review...

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/10252...read-page6.html

Just changed my tyre to TOYO T1R yesterday...195/55/15 for my honda city...

Grip is good on wet (yesterday was raining heavily, tried cornering at higher speed, very stable) & dry roads, stable, good handling...only that the pick up is abit compromised...

i changed it at 344 circuit road swee hong bldg @ 110 per piece...

i compare it with Falken Ziex ZE 912 ... try this website http://www.1010tires.com/tires.asp for tires review.

• Praise 1

For this price Toyo T1R is a good choice...better than Falken by a long shot.Tthere are better ones out there but more ex! I am on T1R right now and most probably will get another T1R or GY D5 for my next change. I like the thread pattern on both tyres!

Pardon for the late reply,yes i got it from AL Tyres.In fact from the days i drive Honda and now Proton ive been using either Bridgestone or Toyo for tyres.Now cant afford Bridgestone cause got 4 kids and 1 motorbike le.Previously im using semi slick R888

Pardon for the late reply,yes i got it from AL Tyres.In fact from the days i drive Honda and now Proton ive been using either Bridgestone or Toyo for tyres.Now cant afford Bridgestone cause got 4 kids and 1 motorbike le.Previously im using semi slick R888

R888 ah?

have you used T1R before? can make comparison between the 2?

I am currently on T1R and loving it~!

just came back from m'sia. and driving along the highway with heavy rains, these T1R are good as driving on dry when cutting thru the heavy rained roads~!

R888 ah?

have you used T1R before? can make comparison between the 2?

I am currently on T1R and loving it~!

just came back from m'sia. and driving along the highway with heavy rains, these T1R are good as driving on dry when cutting thru the heavy rained roads~!

R888 and T1R are 2 different leagues.. you try using R888 in downpour, the wet traction will kill you.. but if you bring it to the track for a hot lap, you will see the T1R loosing out..

i have used 3 sets of T1R (195/55/R15 on 7jj rims) before changing to Bridgestone RE002 lately.. up on NSH, T1R sticks better on the straights and have a shorter "warming" up time. But when coming to corners, RE002's stiffer sidewalls did it's magic..

down to specs, RE002 got a traction rating of "A", while T1R is getting a "AA"..

• Praise 1