TOYO PROXES T1R

Ken79

Were you there at Sepang?

I knew you will argue even when faced with overwhelming evidence. With the small, poor quality video from Youtube, how sure are you that it was dry? That's why I took the effort to post the weather report URL above. It shows that it was a thunderstorm exactly at the time I have stated in the vicinity of KLIA. In case you didn't know, KLIA is a stone's throw from Sepang. In case you can't understand, it's a figure of speech for close in distance.

This is so tiresome to debate with someone who just forces his way without facts. I will gladly take the Joker of the Year title if you accept the Trash Talker of the Year title for all the verbal diarrhea you have polluted the forum with.

I don't know a good way to mount the camera in my car.

Toyo tires won't allow you to cream people on the track.

I bought my tires from ST. I don't know the dealer or importer of Toyo tires.

Neutral Newbie

Bro, but you mentioned you went around the cars in the wet with Toyo tires - must be damn shiok. Why can't cream people like you mentioned - very confusing. [dizzy]

ST where?

In the wet, can but in the dry you will surely lose to those on semi-slicks. You might want to try Yokohama A048 or maybe even Silverstones. T1R is a good street tire that is comfortable and offers performance for confident driving but it is not a good set of tires on a dry, high speed track like Sepang. Since you have mentioned that you are going to have 2 sets for track work and street use, you can have a set of hardcore semi slicks or FULL slicks on your 17" rims.

Erm... ST Powered at Kim Chuan lane.

Edited by Tanzy

Neutral Newbie

kekeke.... he keeps going back and forth [dizzy] on his silly argument on T1R, so he gets both the award " Joker of the Year" & "Trash Talker of the Year"

Talk so much about comparing SS595 with R1R but has never used it. He doesn't even know that R1R is old news and no one uses it anymore.

ST Power is famous, U should have heard in the News before, the drivers were involved in some fight [rifle] during Merdeka '05 were subsequently banned. That took the lime light of the Merdeka '05 [drivingcar] .

So have you decided to eat your words and admit that it was indeed raining on the 2nd Dec afternoon at Sepang?

Where I bought the tires have nothing to do with how good or bad the tires are. Nice try. Let's keep to the discussion, if you choose to, shall we?

Ultimately, I am not here to convince you. I am sure for the interested party, after reading the entire thread, they can decide for themselves whether you offer a fair and balanced view of the topic being discussed or not. From there, they can choose to accept or disregard what you have posted. Same for me or any one who posted in this thread. Personally, I think you did more harm then good.

Some of the issues that are still not addressed by you.

1) Why is the tire not durable on Sepang if it is designed with Sepang in mind?

2) Is a tire cracking or splitting acceptable even if the grip is good? Just in case you think I made this up, check with the supplier whether he actually refunded money for 2 sets of faulty Federal tires from two 8MR.

3) Please state the reference to support your claim that the manufacturer designed the tire with Sepang in mind.

Until the above are discussed, I do not feel a need to continue this senseless battle of wits with you.

I watched the video. The DC5 was driven pretty well. Do you think a DC5 is only capable of those timings posted on the top left hand corner of the video if the track was dry? Don't underestimate the Type R. Your condecending remarks of Integras only show how much you actually know about cars and circuit driving.

I have already posted the weather report for the area. I think we are certain which is more conclusive, the weather report for the area by the airport mets office or Abba's biased rantings based on a little video he downloaded.

I am not your brother. [whip]

Edited by Tanzy

Neutral Newbie

Yes, it did rain [:)]

Yes, Petronas Formula cars did go out after the very brief shower and helped dry out the track. [:)]

Yes, track started late and by the time the track day started the sun was already out and track was only damp. [:)]

Yes, your wet track day where you drove round the other cars were all in your very vivid imagination. [;)]

Including you there were 100+ ppl in Sepang on that day so your stories are nice bed time stories.

Neutral Newbie

DC5 is a very capable car, it beat ST Power's Evo in Merdeka '05 [laugh][laugh][laugh] Then there was the big fight which made the news and SMSA President had to get involve.

DC5 is very capable but not Integra GSR (A). totally diff cars if you have any knowledge of the 2; engine, ECU, suspension geometry, brakes to say the least. Didn't U even notice the puny exhaust on GSR [;)]

Neutral Newbie
Can you read ?? DC5 video shows track conditions 95% dry ==> damp. Not very wet as claimed by U. oh brother [dizzy][dizzy]

Actually I din't see anything wet on the track in the vids. Maybe damp lah. I was thinking of super wet when it was first mentioned.

If only bro Tanza has vids to show you that it is super wet, then maybe you more convincing is it?

Wah the vids are super shiok... DC5 is fast man so is the blue blue car... dunno what it is... but I know its subaru. [thumbsup]

This is final. Either you talk about what we set out to discuss stop your tirade of trash with your whole string of detracting topics that have little relevance or there will be no debate at all.

Looks like you asked around but still doesn't change the fact that you weren't there in person.

Brief shower will be hardly what I will use to describe the heavy downpour that reduced visibility to near zero on the highway.

How many laps does it take for F1 cars to dry out a track enough for them to switch from rain tires to slicks? How many laps did the Formula Petronas cars make in the brief 20 minutes they were out there after the rain abated. I'm sure from your source, you also knew that it continued to drizzle until 4. Do you think they can dry the entire track or just reduce the moisture on the racing line? Do you think the overtaking line will still be wet? Why don't you ask the WRX why he spun out after the first lap of the CCT at 6.30pm (when the track should be bone dry based on your sunny skies tales) when the field was still very packed and slow?

Better to be called a person with with vivid imagination than to be called a obstinate and biased liar that you are. Either way I have no need to justify myself. I had friends in the car with me but will you believe them?

100+? Where did you pluck that figure from? It was the smallest turnout for TCC for the year. There were less than 10 Evos including the wagon.

So are we going to talk about tires or do you want to continue to discredit yourself?

Neutral Newbie

hahahahaha. now you talk about near zero visibility on HW. Stop wriggling.

It wasn't as wet as you claim, so neither did your T1R drive round the other cars [crazy]

did you count in the EGs, DCs, golf, old Alfas, Lotuses, Porsches and many WRXes there on that day. Did you know many cars were in paddocks further down the pit lane near the Petornas Formula cars....

Yes, WRX spun @ T11 on lap 1. Many cars spin even on bone dry track. You are such a "wanna-be" novice.

I didn't say 100+ cars, I said 100+ ppl. Many spectators U know [;)]

So how's did your Gun Metal Evo do? I'm sure your T1R did not clock the FTD of 2:45.6 [:/]

Neutral Newbie
[jawdrop] so you were there too?! Wah, I must find time to go man. Tanza bro, your evo is gun metal eh? Mine is Yellow E9, yours? Maybe can go kopi kopi someday man. [laugh] Edited by London

Neutral Newbie

Tanzy, nice to know you've enjoyed running on the toyos. i was seriously considering them too but was offered an irresistible price for hankook RS2 tyres instead. i have since tried them at sepang and love them to bits for the performance/price ratio offered.

having said that, i do question the motive behind the fervent defence of hankook tyres in this thread. the questions foremost on my mind include:

is he an employee of the hankook distributor?

is he sponsored or related to the hankook distributor in any way?

or is he just a harmless hankook fan?

if hankooks are good, then let the performance of the tyres speak for itself. there's no need for hard sell tactics or to bash other brands in order to promote hankook as that, imho, does more harm than good to the brand image and reputation of hankook.

cheers

p.s. my next set of tyres will still be RS2s though

[;)]

Edited by Zulu4
↡ Advertisement