TOYO PROXES T1R

Ken79

Call up Robert of Hong Tyres and ask...he has got reasonable prices for his tyres...64660027

↡ Advertisement

Anyone here can advise on the above tires? I was introduced by the salesman when I was

looking to change my tires.The side of my front tires already Botak so think it is time to change a new set. I was quoted $115 per piece for 15" and the salesman told me I will not regret getting it. I better seek some gurus here to advise before I buy. Please advise if you have use this model before. confused.gif

Bro, here's a tyre review dated year 2005, which was posted by another MCF bro sometime back...

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?se...rticle_id=10252

Among the review were the following tyres being tested...

a) BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD

b) Bridgestone Potenza RE050A

c) Continental ContiSportContact 2

d) Dunlop SP Sport Maxx

e) Goodyear Eagle F1

f) Hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212

g) Kumho Ecsta MX

h) Michelin Pilot Sport PS2

i) Pirelli P Zero Rosso Asimmetrico

j) Toyo Proxes T1R

k) Yokohama Advan Neova AD07

Toyo Proxes T1R was ranked 8th placed in this review...

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/10252...read-page6.html

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

After going through the few brands recommended by the gurus here, I have decided to settle for Goodyear F1 GS-D3 based on the review and price. Toyo T1R seems good after checking most workshops, some even told me they run out of Toyo tires. But I feel that the price is rather steep and out of my budget around $110-$120 for 195/50/R15. In the end, I choose GS-D3 due to the price. Overall, the performance is good with both comfort and grip. [:)]

Edited by Ken79

Hi all,

After reading up on this post... I got myself a set of Toyo T1R! Must say it's pretty good but since only 1 day old, can't comment much.

Tire size is 195/50 15 and it sure feels comfy and quieter than my old Toyo Trampio Gu:wn.

Was deliberating between Goodyear F1 GS-D3 and the T1R as I was all set to get the Goodyear as it is cheap ($80/tire) as compared to the T1R at $105 each.

However was taken over when I considered that the T1R is made in Japan and the Goodyear from Thailand, even though I know that there's nothing wrong with the Thai made Goodyear.. Hehehehe.. But felt that the Toyo looks nicer with the sidewall and grooves.

Wonder how does the Firenza ST-03 fares with the Toyo or the Goodyear.. Was looking at it and think it looks nice too.. And the blocks are big.. Meaning should be a pretty quiet tire too, with handling thrown in i'm sure. Any comments on the Firenza?

Moooooooooooo

Neutral Newbie

Firenza ST-03 no match for F1 and Toyo.

Big blocks mean the tread is less compliant with the road surface and generally make more noise. But then many other factors affect noise level . . .

Oh ok! Phew luckily didn't considered Firenza then as there're no write-ups on it at all.

Well am happy with the purchase though the F1 Eagle would have cost only $320 for a set of 4... Maybe next tire will change to the F1, else stick with Toyo.

Oh it's pretty difficul to find the Goodyear Revspec RS-02.. Out of stock man! Any comments on this tire then???

Moooooooooo

Ya looks good too! However called the Goodyear disti and they told me they did not import into SG and those found here are parallel imports one... So it's difficult to get it...

Mooooooooooo

Neutral Newbie

Scrub in at least 300km and you are ready to Rock & Roll.

This Tire Rocks. I've clocked 16,000 km on this tyre and the sound department is still

good.

Have to be alittle careful now in the wet as the thread wears out pretty fast.

Oh my 3rd day with my new Toyos... Rained so heavy this morning but can feel the tire is grippy and did not slip on the wet road. Also very confident when going thru puddles big and small...

Still very comfy.. Hehehehe... Really feel that it is a very competent tire... How come thread wears out very fast when it is wet???

Mooooooooooooooo

Oh! Hahaha... Think i misread it.

Anyway the Toyo rocks! I think the Toyo Trampio Gu:wn also rocks but it's a harder ride!

Mooooooooo

Neutral Newbie

Toyo Trampio Gu:wn is also Good but you must select series 55 and below.

Only 55 series & below offers Silica compound.

I used GU:WN previously and i will rate them 7/10.

The T1-R I will rate them 8.5/10.

Ya i rate the T1R 8.5 or 9! Trampio Gu:Wn about 7.5 as it's not as grip and slightly harder and noiser.

Oh then my ex tires are with Silica cuz running on profile 50.

Oh saw the Goodyear Revspecs advertised in Hot Stuff.. Can get from Hock Tyres. Think it's a good tire too!

Moooooooooooo

I'm also on Toyo T1R 195/55/R15. [nod]

So far clocked 1,500km and this includes 2 trips to Msia on both the old (single lane) roads and the NS highway. Find that the T1R is way better than my previous set of BFGdrich GFSports in the wet & dry grip, braking and handling dept. In dry esp, can feel its "stickiness". In wet, it gives much more confidence than the GFSports. And importantly, the T1R is much more quiet! [thumbsup]

Cool! I almost bought the BF Goodrich cuz it's only $75 for 195/50 15. However did a lot of research and luckily found this thread and a few others and decided to purchase either the Goodyear F1 or Revspec or Toyo T1R.

Went to the tire shop and first saw the Goodyear F1 as Revspec out of stock, then happen to see the Toyo T1R and immediately changed my mind (Cuz Toyo made in Japan while Goodyear F1 made in Thailand).

Phew, so happy to chose the correct tire!!!

Mooooooooooooooo