TOYO PROXES T1R

Ken79

i will take that suggestion up, dude. first thing in the morning i'm calling up some dealers.

did i recall someone posting some contacts up for hankook? are they difficult to find?

Neutral Newbie

Got mine fm the outlet near IMM

Blk 42, Toh Guan Road East

#01-81 Enterprise Hub, S(608583)

Tel : +65 65151638

www.shhtyres.com.sg

Neutral Newbie
Can give more details on why T1R CMI? Dry, wet performance, treadwear and mileage u ran on them will be helpful. U mentioned considering other tires, so which ones are better than T1R? I'm interested to know as T1R is one of the tires on my shortlist.

TIs toyo..not tat fantastic given the fact u weigh it agsinst its dollar value if u compare with others of same dollar value..

it is only an average tire..i just change my to toyo t1r recently..i regretted n i should have stayed with my hankook!

It's cheaper than Sports Maxx. Is it some places are jacking up the price?

CL7 and DC5 users are quite OK with T1R.... Hmmm what profile are you running on?

Edited by Vblaster_w211

Neutral Newbie

T1R not so suitable for track. It looses big time in dry grip, wet so so only not that great.

Hankook R-S2 much much better than T1R on track. R-S2 sidewall stiffer than AD07 and doesn't slide that early as AD07 on Sepang. Prob the best price vs perf right now in the amrket. Better grip than T1R & Sport Maxx, cost less as well

Neutral Newbie

I guess I was like you, 1 of the many that got over hype by T1R in the movie and got con by smooth talking tyre sales man. Seriously a dissappointing tyre to say the lease.

You use it at Sepang? What's your profile? Hankook is probably a good priced alternative, but I'm a more Dunlop/Advan user thus far. T1R and Sports Maxx beats AD07 big time when wet.

Anyway, it's all subjective. Reviews put the Sports Maxx ahead of T1R, yet some bro's prefer T1R over Sports Maxx when on track. For these UHP tyres, it's done to individual preference and also how the suspension setup is done on the car to complement it. Noticed quite a few users here quite happy with these tyres mentioned.

Edited by Vblaster_w211

Neutral Newbie

profile 235/45/17

U should try R-S2, seriously. Dry grip is astounding beats Sports Maxx & T1R; wet grip more than decent for our flash thunderstorms.

You mean this?

20051109191039815275.GIF

Looks to be good on dry, but doubt will be anywhere near Sports Maxx/T1R when wet. Somehow reminds me of AD07...

Sports Maxx:

SPSpMAXX.jpg

But we won't know till we try them out ourselves... Hmmm.... maybe next tyre change...

Edited by Vblaster_w211

Neutral Newbie

Actually if you look closely, AD07 has only 2 center ribs and 3 channels of drainage. Hankook R-S2 has 3 center ribs and 4 channels of drainage. Also the channels are wider. R-S2 has stiffer sidewalls than AD07. R-S2 wet grip more than suffice in heavy downpours and even on NSHW exceeding the speed limit. So no worries

post-7-1161796281.gif

Looks like a compromise between dry grip, noise and wet weather. Comparing to Sports Maxx, which has also the same number of bands and drains, the Sports Maxx is likely to be quieter and better when wet.

Neutral Newbie

True Sports Maxx may be quitier and better in wet but in the UHPT category I'll rather go for ultimate Dry grip with sufficient wet grip to be safe. Plus point is the competitive price. Sport Maxx is expensive.