New Ride - Honda Fit

Picantorian

Hi all. My 2009 1.3 auto Honda Fit is on 17" tyres, inherited from previous owner. My FC isn't fantastic too, 11.5km/l to 12.5km/l at best. Full tank max mileage 400+km.

Am thinking of downsizing to 16". Any idea on how much it might help?

wow.. dat's quite sucky..

i had the 1.3 2006 manual one b4. full tank almost 600km.

was on 16". regular city drive.

↡ Advertisement

wow.. dat's quite sucky..

i had the 1.3 2006 manual one b4. full tank almost 600km.

was on 16". regular city drive.

I think I must downsize the tyres and rims very soon. Fit is supposedly a FC-friendly car.

I am also considering upgrading the ICE. It came to me on a China brand DVD player, Smart-I. Visual is not very clear and does not recognise chinese characters. Any recommendations?

What other upgrading do you do?

I am also considering upgrading the ICE. It came to me on a China brand DVD player, Smart-I. Visual is not very clear and does not recognise chinese characters. Any recommendations?

What other upgrading do you do?

im on pioneer headunit and speakers.. cant rem model but it is sufficent la.. LOL..

i've struts bars and simple changes i.e air filter. that's all.

rem to get ur car service first if ur car 2nd hand one.

16" with RE002.

im on pioneer headunit and speakers.. cant rem model but it is sufficent la.. LOL..

i've struts bars and simple changes i.e air filter. that's all.

rem to get ur car service first if ur car 2nd hand one.

16" with RE002.

Thanks for the reminder. I have sent the car in for a check with the workshop. Mechanic said no changes needed but I changed engine oil.

I am looking to change the HU to Pioneer 8450 preferably. Would it come with a reverse camera? Is a budget of $1000 enough?

Thanks for the reminder. I have sent the car in for a check with the workshop. Mechanic said no changes needed but I changed engine oil.

I am looking to change the HU to Pioneer 8450 preferably. Would it come with a reverse camera? Is a budget of $1000 enough?

err.. im quite the wrong person to ask abt reverse cam.. LOL!!!

but i tink, ur budget should be sufficient..

you might wanna try http://sg-fit-jazz.com ^_^

Hi all. My 2009 1.3 auto Honda Fit is on 17" tyres, inherited from previous owner. My FC isn't fantastic too, 11.5km/l to 12.5km/l at best. Full tank max mileage 400+km.

Am thinking of downsizing to 16". Any idea on how much it might help?

Do PM me your selling price of the 17".

Interested to try 17" on my jazz.

Neutral Newbie

Can recommend which workshop for Honda fit service? Just got new 2nd hand and looking around for service shop in Ang mo kio areas. Can pm me.

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone. I've gotten my 2nd hand honda fit for about 1 year now. Having driven it i notice that the ride was kind of bumpy and noisy. Wondering if you fellow user have the similar issue? If its common have any of you guys upgrade your fit to reduce this problem? If yes would you mind sharing about it. ^^

Cheers

Hi everyone. I've gotten my 2nd hand honda fit for about 1 year now. Having driven it i notice that the ride was kind of bumpy and noisy. Wondering if you fellow user have the similar issue? If its common have any of you guys upgrade your fit to reduce this problem? If yes would you mind sharing about it. ^^

Cheers

Bumpy can b due to the shock absorber has wear off.noisy maybe ur tyres? Perhaps u wanna describe more details?

Check your tyre pressure whether is it recommended tyre pressure. High tyre pressure will cause ride to be bumpy and noisy. Also, old tyre may also cause high road noise. Adjust tyre pressure first, still noisy then change tyre to comfort tyre. Since you mentioned it is a secondhand, check and make sure the suspension is not change out before by ex owner. Some people like to tiong their fit/jazz to make it like Type R. Change your suspension last, it is quite expensive to change shock absorber.

Cheers

Fit/Jazz is a car with very minimal sound proofing. You can improve the situation by doing some sound proofing at the doors or add some door seals. But after a while, the reduction of the wind noise or traffic noise will increase the emphasis of your road noise and engine noise. Eventually it goes back to square one.

Turn up your music volume a few notch and save the money. Do some sound proofing if you intend to improve your speaker.

check the the bearings , shocks and change to a quieter tyre. should do the job, unless your sounds are coming from the bonnet.

↡ Advertisement