King of Gloss - Soft99

Miketow

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

I did a search for this product on MCF but found only one or 2 threads that mentioned it, so I thought i start a new one to see if I can get some good feedback on it from those who have tried it compared to dizzying choice of soft99 wax products.

The choosing process was quite simple, though the number of choices was not. I wanted a really good wax that didnt cost 40 bucks or more ( Meguairs NXT is out) and I wanted to try a NON-carnuba based wax ( Meguairs doesnt use Carnuba in their wax products b/c it is supposedly not the best for the paint surface).

King of Gloss is a 100% synthetic, non carnurba wax and has a very slippery teflon like sensation when you put it in your hands. Application was straight forward and easy. The shine was acceptably "wet look" and it was more slippery to touch the other carnurba waxes I had used in the past.

Anyone have any opinion of this product in terms of result, protection and durability compared to say "Authentic 100% Carnuba" or "Manicure" or Meguiar Wax products?

Cheers! [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Ever did considered it once but I'm still stuck with my Fusso 12mth (paste). I oso believe they're all pretty much the same since its from the same comp. wink.gif

Neutral Newbie

Actually Meguairs do have Carnuba based wax eg #26 and DC Wax. In general synthetic sealant durability will outlast that of a carnuba type wax.

Neutral Newbie

oh ok [thumbsup] - I tot they should have some carnuba wax products

I just read somewhere that Meguiars doesnt use Carnurba

Neutral Newbie

Hi Toalson,

How do you find the 12mths Fusso? is it in the bottle form or is a circular tin form?

Any comments on the durability and ease of application? Just tried the 9 mths over the weekend would say the application is better than the 7mths which haze easily.

my ride usually subject to rain and have lots of watermark. also subject to etch mark left behind by leaves exposed by rainwater. When dried, left imprint of the leaves outline. [bigcry]

have tried AIO/SG before. still cannot withstand watermark and the leaves mark. so hopefully using the 9mths will help prevent this. if 12mths is good, can also give it a try..

(edited)

I would say the 9mths is very easy to apply. Its very similar to OCW for application. Basically no removal procedures necessary. thumbsup.gif However I do find the 12mths(paste) a little more shiny. sunny.gif

In fact, I had been mixing the 2 products. Using the 12mths only when I got the extra time. I do find the protection offered by the fusso is thumbsup.gif Cant tell which one as I cross use both products.

I do find that using either product give a rather thick feel as compared to using OCW. In fact it was stated tat the paste version gives better shine as compared to the liquid version for the 12mths as 9mths only comes in liquid version.

Edit: I parked in the open for the whole whole day in Jurong area.

Edited by Toalson

Neutral Newbie

thanks for the feedback..

12 months is in paste form? i thought all comes in liquid form? anyway, i find the 7mths is more fluid than the 9mths. Do you apply the 12mth one on top of another?

If not mistaken both 7 & 9mths comes in liquid version but 12mths comes in both liquid n paste. But it seemed tat the liquid version is rather rare.

Yes I do apply over 9mths and vice versa. So far there dont seemed to be any problem. Thus I cant really comment which is better for weather protection.wink.gif

↡ Advertisement