All about springs and shocks(dampers)

Wrxblue

U jus go over hump slowly see got sound anot

If got kok sound maybe it's used or what ask for replacement for that pc

Brand new should not have sound

Hump totally no sound tats y.

Tats wat im doing lor. Juz leave with it but of coz can rectify i hope to lor. Hahaha. Thanks bro

↡ Advertisement

Tats wat im doing lor. Juz leave with it but of coz can rectify i hope to lor. Hahaha. Thanks bro

Welcome have a nice weekend [:)]

Some cars have a damper at upper end of the absorber. Not all mechanics will ask you to change. It may not appear crack, or damaged but, the rubber compressed over the years, deteriorate.

It was my experience that after a new pair of absorber was changed, it still had some knockings

of sort. I got these dampers replaced couple of month later and problem solved.

There is also the possibility of these dampers are no longer doing the job even though the absorbers are still good condotion.

Not sure if you are facing the same i had before.

Just thinking

• Praise 1

Some cars have a damper at upper end of the absorber. Not all mechanics will ask you to change. It may not appear crack, or damaged but, the rubber compressed over the years, deteriorate.

It was my experience that after a new pair of absorber was changed, it still had some knockings

There is also the possibility of these dampers are no longer doing the job even though the absorbers are still good condotion.

Just thinking

I think after changing coilover, my damper is removed and replaced with a thin layer of cutted rubber tubing. That may be the reason i agree. :(

Can coilover service ? Like changing seal or mount ?

It depends on the brand and type of coilovers.

Supercharged

may i ask, if i wish to improve the road handling, what should i go for?

so far, i'm on sport spring, much lower..

new tires..

i'm thinking of changing adjustable but will it helps?

basically, i want more feel to the road..

more comfort and stability

Wow! After more than 7 yrs my thread is still surviving! Thanks everyone for the support :)

hahaha, bro, long time "neber ketchup" with you liao, so you driving a 159 now [sly]

In a car, compression of the spring is caused when the wheel travels across the front side of a raised bump. A portion of the energy used to cause forward motion of the vehicle is redirected causing the wheel to travel up, which compresses the spring. The spring stores the vertical energy, and as the wheel travels down the backside of the bump, the energy stored in the spring pushes the wheel back down. For safety and handling, this has the significant benefit of keeping the tire in contact with the road surface as the tire travels over a bump. A similar process occurs for dips, except that the spring elongates rather than compresses to start with.

Yuen Thong may still have KYB.

I got mine from them a couple of years back.

Hello, I just called YT and was quoted $527 incl of gst for all 4 KYB shocks Toyota Rush w/o installation. Is that the norm pricing for now?

Any Rush owners who also done this please?

Just thinking

That rubber piecs that looks like a torch battery with a hole tru the center is a Bump Stop.

Some mechs here call it a stopper. I always change it when I change my shocks. A few dollars more n the car feels n sounds nicer.

For daily driving, just stick to shocks and spring. Kayaba or Koni shocks with matching spring weight for your car.

Most <$1.5k are made in Taiwan, probably rebadged BR and probably last 2 years. Most use coilovers just for lowering and for "track feel" handling.

Im using coilovers now but changing to shocks next month. Coilovers are just too harsh for daily driving. How many actually track their cars and make full use of the coilovers?

↡ Advertisement