Replace car remote

Any Bros or Experts can adv.

Condition is the one remote lost. one spoilt [sweatdrop] .

Currently disable the car alarm. [;)]

Issit possible not to replace the whole car system alarm and just buy the car remote from second store and re-prog the existing setup.

If it is possible, pls adv how to. [cool]

Regards

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

What is the brand of your alarm system? From that, you can locate the distributor and approach them to purchase new remotes. If it's too costly, you may be better off buying a new system.

Dun really know which brand as it was installed by the prev owner.

Remote can be purchased at the accessory shop issit? I'm more on the $$ issue. To replace the whole alarm system too costly.

Neutral Newbie

not exactly all accessories shop will sell you just the remote. Preferably you can approach the main distributors if you know the brand of the current alarm system.

If all else fail, you may just install a new alarm system (basic features) one for less than $200 or even lower if you install in JB.

i saw ads in the classified, selling remote only. intends to get that, but will the accessories shop willing to re-prog. Any contacts?

I have bought the remote.

But then prev, disarm the siren by pressing the small red button, i have tried turn the on/off for 5 times or more there is no reaction. i have tested the remotes on the other car, they were working and the on/off process will follow by flashing red led on the dashboard and just pressed the button of the remote to prog and flash once will do.

I pressed the red switch and there is a 'too' sound and the haz was lighted and hold for 20 secs and it will go off. is there any meaning of this "too"? How to re-arm the siren?

Regards

Twincharged

If its those normal remotes, can try taobao if you want it cheap. Helped a friend to duplicate his VW remote and transfer the immobilizer to the new remote for less than $10.