Understanding Audison LRX4.3

Hungee

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

Me trying to understand the above amp ...

As specs mentioned, it can have following config :

a) 4 X 65W RMS (4ohm)

b) 4 X 105W RMS (2ohm)

c) 2 X 210W RMS (4ohm)

d) 2 X 65W & 1 X 220W RMS (4ohm)

If I wanna bridge it to 2 channel to drive my front comp spkrs, means I am taking config © ... but 210W/ch ? really so much meh ?

Also it mentioned for front channels got hi-pass, but rear/sub channels got lo-pass ... means rear/sub channels no hi-pass ? then if I bridge them to 2 channels, 1 ch got hi while the other got lo ah ? me confused [dizzy] (as usual) ... not sure if this model can be bridged as 2ch ...

Any guru care to share?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers ... HUNGEE

↡ Advertisement

can be bridged, audison amps are a bit quirky by design, but the manual will state clearly what you need to do for each config. best is you go to an authorized dealer, they shld know what to do for the config you want.

Neutral Newbie

if u have no access to the manual, try internet online manuals.

maybe it's a typing mistake, 210W at 2 ohms, not 4?

Neutral Newbie

Hi Hungee,

Forget about the power rating of the amp. Try experimenting:

1. run your front component spkrs off 2 channels;

2. then bridge and run them off the bridged outputs

3. which is the best solution, if your HU supports, why not go for an active setup since you already have 4 channels of amp power??? [nod]

Neutral Newbie

Hi KWONGWING ...

Thanks for the advice ... I would love to and will sure experiment the options ... but provided if I know how to bridge it correctly ... once I 'master' that, then I shall experiment the various options ...

Going active ? wow .. big bold daring idea to me [sweatdrop] ... MY HU (a Pioneer 8650) can support active .. but .. but .. with 4ch, each gets a 65W .. enough juice to run active ?

Also my spkrs are entry lvl CDT CL62 only ... result may not vary much I guess ... [:/]

Cheers ... HUNGEE

Neutral Newbie

No need to think - just go active. You won't regret it ...

Ask Hyun for advice for crossover points and slope settings - he is using 9650 w/ CDT62 - and running active.

Neutral Newbie

huh ? got so similar setup ? [thumbsup] hooray ...

Bro Hyun, can pass me some pointers ?? [laugh] Thanks in advance ...

Neutral Newbie

>>No need to think - just go active. You won't regret it ...

Ask Hyun for advice for crossover points and slope settings - he is using 9650 w/ CDT62 - and running active. >>

i second that, go for Active! [thumbsup]

bro Hyun is the pro advisor here [flowerface]

Neutral Newbie

I know active will need to re-wire .. for testing purpose, I can DIY the wiring and try .. .if I like, I will get professional to re-wire properly .. if I dun, I can revert back to original state ... I am willing to try .. but the tuning part is the nightmare to me [dead]

Neutral Newbie

hahaa......than try faster try Active see if you like [flowerface]

Tuning is the least you can worry. many bros here can tune for you at Wed Nasi padang meetup [idea]

Neutral Newbie

haha .. my retarded ears cannot appreciate things fast fast one .. it took me abt 1 yr to appreciate the P8650 which I took over from Sarong1 [laugh]

now finally got the guts to move on with a LRX4.300 ... so I need some time to appreciate the 'passive' setup ... so that can get use to the improved passive sound, then try active ... like that then I can tell whether the active is better than the improved passive. if both (improved passive & active) come fast fast, both are better than my current, but which is better of the two I dunno liao [dizzy] ...

But maybe by the time I am ready for active, many gurus here move on to some other much more hi-tech stuff liao ... [smallcry] I am always a few steps behind ... [:p]

it took me abt 1 yr to appreciate the P8650 which I took over from Sarong1

sooo you were the one who got to it before i did [smash][smash][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Hi Hyun & all guru,

I also just convert to active and install LRx4.3. I newbie in ICE, just need some advice. Is it true that I should not tune my amp output to the max to avoid distortion? But, if I don't tune up, I need to increase my HU volume to 2/3. Is this normal for this audison amp.

Neutral Newbie

2/3 or maybe even 3/4 HU level is ok.

one way to set level is, play your louder/loudest CDs, put the amp gain small, put the HU control maximum, then slowly increase the amp gain until it's real loud.

once u've achieved that, this means ur LOUDEST cd will be blasted with MAX HU level, and yet will output "REAL LOUD" only. means everything else won't blow your system.

↡ Advertisement