King of Stupid Names - Nissan's New family of Cars - Launched in China Today

Miketow

Neutral Newbie

Nissan Motor Co said that it would roll out a new family of cars later this year, picking China for the new product launch for the first time. The Livina Geniss is to make its world debut at the International Motor Show

Frankly when I first saw the new name Livina Geniss

- I also saw - Virgina Peniss [laugh]

I mean which high level Japanese Nissan Exec signed off a silly arsed name like that?? [hur]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

from thier taste in naming latio, slyplhys (i still dont know how to F* pronounce and spell it...) ,maruno.. etc....... u know what to expect lah.... [laugh]

The Japs are typically horrible when u comes to giving english names to cars. By creating these names for models, these models probably only last one cycle.

They used to hv the Nissan Sunny VIP....where is the VIP now?

Neutral Newbie

Its hilarious how one of the leading manufacturers of cars in the world can name their cars after genitals and VD - get away with it.

I mean, would I buy a Sylphy? Not really, even if I really wanted to, and all my frends will ask me what car i buy - I will be so tempted to say Sylphy - LIS, even if I dont say it, Im pretty sure, everyone will be thinking - Sylphy -LIS. [laugh]

Imagine thinking of VD everytime you think or say what car you drive!! [hur]

(edited)

bro, its sylphy and murano lah [:p]

think murano is also the name of this famous glass blowing town in venice, not so sure abt selphy though

Edited by Xefera

Nissan Latio is a nice car. No offence to Latio owners but I find the name LATIO sounds a bit like the suffix of some word which has a kinky association. [lipsrsealed]

Nissan has been a classic for name like this....used to be Bluebird.

Oh...a few years ago was in Korea, and there was this Daewoo car 1.0L called "Tico" and the 1.5L one is called "Super Tico"...no way will anyone here buy it.

Neutral Newbie
Nissan Motor Co said that it would roll out a new family of cars later this year, picking China for the new product launch for the first time. The Livina Geniss is to make its world debut at the International Motor Show

Frankly when I first saw the new name Livina Geniss

- I also saw - Virgina Peniss [laugh]

I mean which high level Japanese Nissan Exec signed off a silly arsed name like that?? [hur]

What do you expect from a company that gave Japan the Bluebird Sylphy (i.e. Lamchiao Syphillis)?

Can't say it's a Jap thing. You don't see such bloopers from Toyota, Honda, Subaru, Mazda, etc.

Turbocharged

yalor ...cannot one sweep says all nippon r like that hor... honda, toyota, subaru, mazda has better taste in naming their cars...... [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Nissan Chlamydia 2.0

Nissan Sunny HIV Version V6

Nissan Wart MPV

Nissan Sylvia (eh this one already have) [laugh]

↡ Advertisement