Golf GTi going at 109,999 with COE

Cool_tiger

Golf GTi going at 109,999 with COE  

2 members have voted

1. 1.

I've friends who own a STi who wish he had bought a GTi instead.

Yes, speed wise, a DC5r would beat a GTi anyday. SS2 would be debatable.

but like someone said, When u buy a DC5, it would be a Honda, A SS2 would be a Toyota but a GTi... You got urself a VW.

Anyway, a VW is in a different league when compare wif a DC5 & SS2.. Its not really made to be a sports car which the other 2 coupe are trying to be.

Build quality and equipment features, a VW would be more superior and the engine is superb.

If you argue about speed.. Why would ppl buy BMWs, Mercedes, Audis when a EVO is so much cheaper yet so much faster? An EVO could even outsprint a M3(Well, top end a M3 is superior of course).

Lets end this pointless debate shall we?

Oh ya, Golf GTi comes wif 3Dr & 5Dr version. :)

yes.The GTi feels very different when you are in it....Maybe thats why it commands such a high price.

I think its becos of the DSG too!

Edited by Accordvtec
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
oohh... yummy.

Personally i adore the GTI. If I'm really getting one, I may hold on for a little while longer till the FORD ST is officially on sale. Some bros here did mentioned that the ST will be priced really low with comparison to the GTI.

So... maybe prices may change. [gossip]

Furthermore, only the R32 have the really small paddle shifters. And the new AUDI TT, both the 2.0TFSI and the 3.2V6 have better and larger paddle shifters for the DSG. Looks trick too! Since they are under the same VAG family, I do have the feeling that the GTI may include paddle shifters for their facelift models, if there's going to be in the 1st place.

Right now the DSG really needs good paddle shfters to further exploit this technology for a much better driving experience. [nod]

The current GTIs have paddle shifters too.

heard its rejected by neighbouring countries and shipped over here. dont really know the reason unless you have friends working in there to tell you. a pity they dont comes in AWD unless you get the R32 which cost 40K more.

Agree with your comments.. My cooper is running on 210 bhp ( stock ).. It's all bout the character.. The reason why i chose this over the gti. To the other dude who make crap remarks, please check your facts first..

Neutral Newbie

I really think cars should be driven for their personality.

raw muscle? where's the fun in that.

↡ Advertisement