Golf GTi going at 109,999 with COE

Cool_tiger

Golf GTi going at 109,999 with COE  

2 members have voted

1. 1.

y is gti better than 320? I wld say the 320 is an amazing car to drive on stock form.. If uve driven a 320, try attempting to skid it in dry weather cornering at high speeds.. simply solid... i wld say the 320 is better coz the boot is bigger!! but the gti's dsg gearbox is better than bmw's steptronic anytime..

Bro,

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, in fact, I agree with some of your statement.

But like some of us, including myself said, it's not a fair comparison. Both are good car to start with but one is a sedan and the other is hatch.

320 shd not have been in this thread in the 1st place. [:)]

Cheers

↡ Advertisement

that's because u havent tested the R32 yet.....or hear the " backfiring " as ur DSG kicks down during a fierce corner...

ok gti & the new 330 twin turbo... ill take both anyday!
[sly]

Err... How come suddenly become an advertisement for this???

Anyway what's the pocket thingy that you'd advertised? Stuck in the ciggy lighter plug and what does it do ah???

Mooooooooooo

Neutral Newbie

y so many people get this car & cooper s, so many on the road.

so exp, both cost around 120k!

celica or integra cost cheaper & look nicer, both perform better too.

Neutral Newbie

Its not always about speed, sometimes its about engineering. Applies from industrial to commercial to residential.

but if you compare the quality of the golf nowadays with the early version quite bad. went to the showroom the damn mid seat at the back fell out...everything become so plasticky no diff with my opel...love the car, can afford it but wouldn't buy.

The amazing thing is that despite losing to the R by 20 horses and tenths of tonnes in weight, they run so neck to neck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmMNRQ1GJ3o&search=gti thumbsup.gif

That said, gti is always positioned as a complete package - having muscle, prestige and practicality, not just speed alone. It is only supposed to be very affordable, sadly not applicable here in sillypore.

Neutral Newbie

hmm wat engineering? all r FF. gti much heavy by 200kg.

2L TC 200hp v low power. compression ratio 10 so high, how to boast high?

Yeah, since when was the e90 going for $115k? The lowest I ever heard it going down to was $129k, which still puts it out of my range [:p]

But that said, I'm curious - what is the rationale for prefering a 320 over the gti (minus the fact one's a saloon and the other , hatch)?

agreed , last month, I was quoted $129k

Neutral Newbie
haa..noob?

r u sure stock to stock it can outrun a type R or ss2?

Dude, its not all about speed. Its about the build, class and character of the car. No offence to honda owners. Just like jeremy clarkson said "If you buy the honda civic type r, you end up... with a honda. If you buy a VW, you don't. " It's a different type of car. If you only look at the speed, then it really shows how shallow you are. Btw, the GTI will out run the ss2 stock. For the type R, the type R has an advantage of 20 horsepower. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

If you think the type R or ss2 engine is so good and for a 2litre GTI producing 200hp with TC is low. Why is the best engine voted to be the 2.0TFSI shared by audi and vw? Why not the one from the type R and the ss2? Obviously the GTI's TC 2L engine can produce more horsepower, however, there must be a reason for VW not to do that. It might be concerning reliabilty issues. Take for example, the bmw 320i produces 150hp. The Audi B7 A4 2.0MU produces only 138horsepower. Now.. look at the alfa GT, same 2L engine, but produces 165horsepower. Do you think BMW and Audi are unable to hit those figures if they really want to? I hope you get what I'm trying to say..

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

That is because the Alfa uses a different engine altogether. The new direct injected engines have a higher horsepower rating. The 320 and Audi B7 2.0MU still uses conventional injection.

All direct injection engines have a higher HP rating by virtue of design, read "compression ratio". So before you start comparing, please read up and find out why they are so different. It does not mean 2.0L german engineering = 2.0 italian engineering = 2.0 japanese engineering. By your remarks, you are implying that those engines then will not last?

Edited by Slowpoke156
↡ Advertisement