Vit4wd

Would You Buy a Proton Wira ?  

146 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Proton Wira 1.5M - S$38,999

Proton Wira 1.3M - S$36,999

With prices for Wira at an all time low, why would you, or why would you not buy a Proton Wira (12V SOHC) ?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Personally I won't because the style is quite dated. Grandchildren will probably buy the same new model with the same old look as their grandparents'.

Some Malaysians feel that when they had the star and cresent logo, sales was much better. But since they changed to the 'tiger skull', it drove all the Proton 'luck' away.

Actually I'm divided over this question.

I'll buy coz it's cheap and pretty reliable. At the current price, the buyer really gets a car with a big boot. Parts are easily available in M'sia and servicing is cheap too. However, what influences me not to buy is the out dated design both inside and outside. [shakehead]

I agree wif u.. But the Msia Wiras are always very fierce..

Saw one the other day.. white color, wif nice tail-lights and s/rims. Frm far, look like TP car.

Was contemplating Wira a few mths back but then realise the odometer cannot make it.. very prehistoric!

Neutral Newbie

Met someone in KL yesterday. Talked about Proton. He said that the mold for casting the body has already paid off. So changing it would be extra investment.

Apparently, whatever you buy this year would be last year's manufactured car; their production has been cut by 30%. Think it's true.

But thinking about it again, 1.5L car under $40k seems like a steal!

Ya, heard about it too. Just like the Saga, it's still being produced in M'sia. Wonder how much will it cost if it's available in S'pore.

(edited)

But your Picanto has no engine temperature gauge.

Edited by Vit4wd

Proton Wira 1.5M - S$38,999

Proton Wira 1.3M - S$36,999

With prices for Wira at an all time low, why would you, or why would you not buy a Proton Wira (12V SOHC) ?

Would prefer the Gen2 anytime [;)]

Btw, does anyone knows what is the BOSS kit for Wira? saw a thread dat someone was askin abt.. it would be great if someone could post a picture of it [laugh]

No I will not buy new.

Design has been around for decades and when you drive one , people will think that you change to a new car plate number.

Yes I will buy used only for 'ka-tar' i.e drive around for a couple of months then scrape it.

↡ Advertisement