BMW X6

Spas

Neutral Newbie

BMW's answer to the Mercedes CLS. The BMW X6 addresses the emerging four-door coupe market. I think it looks pretty nice, but we all know concept cars always look better than the production model. So let's keep our fingers crossed. Here's more on the X6:

"The four-door coupe market is beginning to get crowded and the Mercedes-Benz CLS won't be alone for long. Both the Porsche Panamera and the Aston Martin Rapide will be bringing their coupe-like profiles to the party in the next few years. BMW's date to the dance will be the X6, a four-door coupe based on the X5 SUV that separates itself with four-wheel drive and a higher seating position than the competition. Power will be provided by either a V8 or a version of BMW's decorated V10 engine. The current cover of German car mag Autobild shows that publication's best guess as to what the X6 will look like when it debuts in 2009."

bmwcoupe4porte01ks8.jpg

bmwx66666666yq3.jpg

When you say? 2008. But i say early 2009 might be more realistic. Expect more four-door coupes in the next decade. :)

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Some classic 4-door coupes from Citroen ..... [laugh]

GS 1970

1971_01z.jpg

DS 1972

1972_01z.jpg

CX 1974

1974_01z.jpg

XM 1989

1989_01z.jpg

This is not a classic though ...

C6 2006

C6_2z3.jpg

Edited by Fondue

The CX [thumbsup] Lovely fluid shape. Combined elegance with practicality.

To be sure, the new C6 may not share the simplicity of its predecessor, but to me it's a return to form after the bloated and ungainly C5. Very interesting details on a body long enough to resolve the natural convergence of its lines.

↡ Advertisement