SUZUKI GRAND VITARA

Galactus

If you looking at the latest Vitara 2.0 , there is a second -hand one for sale now. See sgmart. If bargain hard should get for around 61k, 1yr old and low mileage of 8700km. New one is 76k. Seems like not very popular and thus not forumers are not able to comment on it.

hey thanks.

I saw on the road and the specs... not bad

review on the net seems better then RAV4 and CRV

personelly think the design also better looking then RAV4 and CRV

Interior wise the Vitara has improved a lot. I have not driven it but apart from the slow pick up for the 2 litre, the reviews are quite favourable. You should go and test drive one. Only thing is the profit margin for Suzukis being sold by Champion Motors is above average with the Vitara's profit margin being around 15k. This means the new car will depreciate more than other makes when sold. A good alternative in this case will be getting a slightly used Vitara like the one being advertised in sgmart . If you can get it for 61k, then the depreciation works out to about 5.4k as against the 6.5k for a new one. As long as accident free, it looks like a good buy. For true blue off-roading, the Vitara is one of the best around. Otherwise, if you are buying new and do not intend to off-road, you can cosnider the PI RAV4 which should be less than 80k - similarly priced to the Vitara. The resale value of RAV4 should be higher, especially its body balue. Just need to pay extra $50 a month in road tax for the RAV4.

i have been checking out the SUV avaliable on the market

I agreed with you that the price for teh Vitara is abit overprice.

It should be price slighly over 70K.

Was hoping it will drop but then so far no chance

I dont like RAV 4 and CRV.

Too common on road and also not as nice design as the Vitara

Also, more then 80k is over budget for me

Neutral Newbie

I test drove the Vitara while looking for an SUV. The ride is pretty bumpy compared to the rest of the SUVs. My gut feel is that the Vitara is truly built for offroading versus the rest of the biunch. Looks wise, it pretty nice but I am told by the SE that actual FC is only 8km/l.

As I prefer a more comfortable ride, I struck the Vitara off the list after the test drive.

Neutral Newbie

Maybe in that case you can have a look at the Daihatsu Terios as well. Quite a bit cheaper then the Vitara. Downside is that it ain't a real off roader...

BTW, anyone have an email address to contact Champion motors? There is none on their website and the form doesn't work for me.

i did check out terios / rush

but then find it a bit small althought styling is nice.

Check form net that the price of grand Vitara is 76++

Hope teh price will drop further year end

Saw in the ads that one PI has brought in the Suzuki Escudo priced attractively in the mid $60Ks. Anyone knows how different is this JDM Escudo vs the Grand Vitara? I was at Champion Motors recently and was told that a 2WD version of the GV is coming soon; any comments on this?

Neutral Newbie

I went there last week, to check out the car, since I like a 3 door version more. According to the newspaper the car was there for viewing. In real life it wasn't. It had just left... but it would come next week. (thot he said just left, then why gone for a week???) Well, for the time being, I didn't bother about passing by again.

Neutral Newbie

Called up vincar b4 i go to their showroom @ AML #02.

Saw the 3dr escudo. looks like the same as GV 2.0 except it come with 3 dr. As for this PI escudo, it didn't have the 4H, 4L selection. might be a 2wd version. selling price $71988 with leather seat. almost forget, the tail light is different from GV 2.0 version.

Are there 2 versions that the PIs are bringing in - 3 Dr and the 5 Dr? The pic used in the ad shows a 5 Dr. In checking the Suzuki Japan website I note that the 3 Dr version is equipped only with a 1.6Ltr engine. I am more interested in the 5 dr version of the Escudo, and was wondering whether it comes with "realtime" 4WD, instead of the "fulltime" as in the Grand Vitara sold by Champion Motors.

Neutral Newbie

didn't see any 5dr escudo @ vincar. maybe they just copy and paste from suzuki website and don't even bother to check. Was told by the SE, it's a 4WD. but didn't see the selector for the 4H, 4L. maybe it's a "realtime" 4WD or AWD??

Edited by Boon9680

Last Friday, I went to CM in Eunos. The SE told me maybe ( really maybe only) next year they will bring in 2 wheel drive Vitara!

I like the look, very sporty and masuclar! But the FC is very high ( SE also mentioned 8 KM/L). Too bad. But if 2WD then maybe I will consider.

↡ Advertisement