Rear Bumper for Fabia

Stanley

where can we replace back bumper for Fabia other than CA?

CA's quoting $1000+++ for the replacement.

rgds

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

that's crazy price alright.

a bumper for my bora is only $300 the most, an aftermarket bumper should be around $600++, so $1000+ is indeed [dizzy][sweatdrop]

try enquiring from Xinzhong if you want to go for OEM parts. You should get it at a fraction of the cost.

Neutral Newbie

Hi stanley, [:)] sorry to know that you need to replace you bumper [blush] , maybe I can share with you why the cost is abt 1k ++ cos one of my friend just got his fabia bumper replaced due to a accident [whip] , the 1k ++ = to the parts, (ie the bumper x1, bumper braket x2) labour (to remove and reinstall the bumper, and to knock back and to realine the reinforcement beam) and the respray of the bumper. hope the above info helps

regards

karen

Neutral Newbie

Hi Stan,

Let me know which part you need. Might be able to get them at a better price. If you only need the bumper, price should not exceed 400. Need to check, might be even lower, just a rough estimate. My friend did a facelift for the octavia for only 3k+ abit with fitment. That includes F+R bumpers, mouldings, F+R+indicator lights, front grille+brackets and Front reinforcer. Looks much better now!

Cheers!

Shawn

Hi Shawn,

Got pic of your friend octavia to show. I'm interested to facelift mine too. Do you know where he did his?? Why don't introduce him to MCF?? laugh.giflaugh.gif

Cheerssmile.gif

Neutral Newbie

His one special case... only 6mths old GLX model...somehow interlinked to JTA saga. His car sold already. This guy chage car faster than change underwear. If you are interested, drop me a mail and I can forward you the prices and I'll try to get some pics for you to see. [thumbsup]

pai seh, didn't noe bumper consist of so many parts. [blush]

would it help if i post a photo...

will try 2 get hold of a digi cam.

Blistering barnacles!

Reverse my car into some kerbs and rear bumper was slightly dislodged... now project over the weekend will be to see how I can "move it" back to its original place. Heart pain when I saw the bumper misaligned.

Now after hearing CA charging 1k for that bumper, I am even more determined tomorrow.

Anyone ever complain to CA abt their charges? Its so [whip]

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Too me interested in mod my octavia.

Detail pse :)

btw, by doing my servicing elsewhere (beside CA), will it void my waranty??

Thomas

Neutral Newbie

Is your car bought new from CA? If so, you can only mod outside, do servicing at CA. Unless you want some other ideas... [sly] Let me know which model is your Octy and what areas of modding interest you.

Cheers!

Shawn

Edited by Shawn

Neutral Newbie

Actually for the classic, there's nothing much to do on the engine, maybe you can just work on the cosemetics. Your headlights do not come with fog lights. You can also put up a bodykit, install a remus exhaust. Your airfilter is different from the Golf/bora 1.6 K&N drop in panel filter. Must do some research before can advise. Interior wise, you can do up with custom alu-coating, carbon fibre or wood for the door grabs and centre console. If u have ard 780, you can add an original armrest too. Thats all for now...

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

actually there are ways to improve your engine performance.

1.adding a performance camshaft would increase your torque. can sometime out-run some cars even turbo cars. By the time turbo spool, you have completed the 3rd gear change. Some Suzuki Swift, Integra, Civic uses this method, and some can catchup with EVOS, REXS.

2. others would choose stroker kit which normally consists of high compression pistons, con-rod, camshaft. this stroker kits sometime require to bore your engine or leave it at stock. boring will increase your engine cc. With high-compression pistons, NOS is another option [this is not LTA legal].

3. have been involved in a project with 8v engine using garrett/honeywell GT25 turbo. need many customise parts and require time and $$$. will let you guys know if it is successful. need to use Engine management system also. [this is not LTA legal also and this car is for track use only].

[:)]

Edited by Rennsport

Neutral Newbie

then much does a bodykit, foglight costs?

These are ext mod, so my waranty will not be void rite?

Neutral Newbie

In the distributor eye, they can claim warranty void just because you did something to the car, regardless how trivia it might be. It's therefore important that you know what you are doing, and protect yourself against unreasonable claim should you really need to claim against warranty. This is assuming that your modifications are indeed not putting the wear-out parts at risk.

↡ Advertisement