Wish defeat Stream!! your opinion please?

Quantum

Wish defeat Stream!! your opinion please?  

109 members have voted

1. 1.

• Others
    • Stream
    • Wish

Neutral Newbie

Yo !!!! JOLIE !!!!

Whats up ?? Long time no hear and no see nod.gif

How are things with you ?? Good I hope thumbsup.gif

↡ Advertisement

*warning*

U are now talking to Honda representative in MCF [lipsrsealed]

NO negative statement is allowed to Honda, Only POSITIVE

Because it's HONDA [laugh]

As W210K and others had repeatedly pointed out to you, the Honda 3.5L V6 is a DOHC engine.

Only entry-level Honda engines have SOHC engines, driven mainly by cost and reliability.

1. In that case, I can only choose to believe on what is written in the Acura Website. I've attached the RL and MDX specificatons and a TSX, which is using DOHC for your comparison.

2. The Acura RL features Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control (VTEC

post-2-1155301304_thumb.jpg

post-2-1155301305_thumb.jpg

post-2-1155301306_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kelpie

Hi Hitman,

I'm fine. Thanks.

How's things with you?

Still selling lots of cars I suppose ... market must be good huh?

But COEs rising leh [thumbsdown]

A 3.5L engine generating 250 BHP only ah? [thumbsdown]

Where did the VTEC go?

That's why SOHC only lor! [laugh]

Still I believe what W210K says.

Two SOHC in a single engine block = DOHC.

Huh? What so great about Honda? [hur]

Just another Japanese car to me what.

Trying very very hard to get back their torque over the last many years ..... [laugh]

Still more tin-can than the Jap leaders.

Edited by Jolie888

A 3.5L engine generating 250 BHP only ah?

Where did the VTEC go?

That's why SOHC only lor!

Still I believe what W210K says.

Two SOHC in a single engine block = DOHC.

1. If you think you're so clever that you can out smart the car manufacturer by telling them that they made a mistake by calling their DOHC engine a SOHC then by all mean. I rest my case.

2. 250Bhp is not the slowest SOHC V6 engine around.

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

Let me quote:

"please do no Underestimation the Vtak teknologee that made by the japarnese people in the inline SOHC enjine .." - Tan Ah Beng

Neutral Newbie

Well, in the states i drove the odyssey for 2 years, over here in SG, i drove the wish. Reliability-wise, both Hondas and Toyotas are [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup] No complaints!!

Neutral Newbie
Hi Hitman,

I'm fine. Thanks.

How's things with you?

Still selling lots of cars I suppose ... market must be good huh?

But COEs rising leh thumbsdown.gif

I'm juggling time with work, studies and family.

Market is ok .... yeah COE rising but we still think this rise is just a one-off, it'll probably go back down on the next bid or two wink.gif

A DOHC V6 is base case. Technically speaking, there cannot be a SOHC V6 lah dod! Physically not possible because of the V separation of the 2 cylinder banks. No two ways about that. Go read up more. Case closed.

250 BHP is the bottom quintile, as far as engine power ranking goes for V6 3.5L.[thumbsdown] So much about V-TEK. [gossip]

Neutral Newbie

>>>A DOHC V6 is base case. Technically speaking, there cannot be a SOHC V6 lah dod! Physically not possible because of the V separation of the 2 cylinder banks. No two ways about that. Go read up more. Case closed.

even if it is V engine, 2 sets of timing pulleys and camshafts should do the trick.

http://www.samarins.com/glossary/dohc.html

but with 3.5l, it will be foolish for the manufacturer not to use DOHC to improve the engine's performance.

Agree with you mate [thumbsup]

V engine requires two(2) sets of everything, including camshafts even if they are each SOHCs for one bank (of two in the V).

Thus 2 x OHCs = Dual OHCs = DOHCs! I thought the logic was so clear.

Yup again. The physical separation of the V will not pose any restriction for the engine manufacturer to optimize engine performance with DOHC on each bank.

I'd say that Honda is more obsessed with cost cutting, so as to boost their manufacturing margins insofar as "back paddling" technology to SOHC stonehenge. [laugh]

whatever it is, Honda is one of 10 teams and one of 2 Japan teams in F1. This already proves it is technically capable with whatever they are doing.

Reading through this thread and a few other threads that has Honda in the subject matter, I do not think anyone in this forum, or for that matter, anywhere else, doubt the fact that Honda has got something in terms of pioneering engine technology development and their ability to squeeze a lot out of their engines (although still, with certain compromises made).

However, I think that there are certain forumners here who practice 'blind faith' in defending the Honda brand (just because they own one?), to the point of telling others than Honda is better than the rest.

I think this is not healthy and will generate this kind of 'stone throwing' on a tried and tested brand. We can avoid this kind of argument if no one takes an elitist attitude on the Honda brand, or for that matter, any other brand of automobile.

Like someone said in this thread, Honda is just another Japanese car. [:|]

whatever it is, Honda is one of 10 teams and one of 2 Japan teams in F1. This already proves it is technically capable with whatever they are doing.

I think they also exceled in the endurance circuit recently with a stock car. I can't really associate with these F1 cars since I'm driving a slow NA car [laugh]. Anyway, whatever awards that they clinched, people will always have a reason to gun them down. Well, speaking of objectivity, lousy egine, lousy technology and blah...

Regards,

↡ Advertisement