Seems like Clear Coat is gone... Any restoration that can be done?

Adzz

Neutral Newbie

For some unknown reason, an area of about 5cm(sq) of the paint appears tough after SRP, while the rest of the car is smooth. I suspect too much of the SRP removes it.

Is there any way to restore it, so that I get the smooth feeling? Or do I have to go for a respray? What are the implications of leaving the area tough? Some other areas spotted appears a bit tough, but not that bad overall.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I apply 2 layers of EGP so far. will it still protect the non clear coat areas?

Neutral Newbie

Sorry to hijack the thread but i have a question which i hope u guys are able to answer. I juz got my ride 2 months ago. Black in colour. 2 days ago, someone vandalised my car. He scratched my body paint from the fuel cap to my front door. The back portion is very deep, I can actually see the white paint. My heart aches, the scratch is abt 30 cm in length. My question is, are there any products in the market which can touch up that small portion that exposes the white paint?IMO, black cars and red cars seem to be the target of such @$$h*les. I seriously dun understand their mentality. [hur] My car is only 2 months old and there're so many battle scars. I'm afraid that if I were to spray paint it, another vandal will juz scratch it again. I'm very saddened by such behaviour from singaporeans.

↡ Advertisement