Why so crazy about fireworks?

Starry

Neutral Newbie

S'poreans like to see fireworks because its the most beautiful way of watching where their Income Taxes, GST, COE blah blah blah ended up at ....

[jawdrop]

Edited by Wheeler
↡ Advertisement

Supercharged
How do you place worth?

Like Turbonetics said, "to each his own". You may think it's not worth the trouble, but those who enjoyed it thinks it is. Similarly, you probably had sacrificed for things you appreciate that others don't.

How to place worth? simple. 5-10 minutes of thrill, but takes 2-3 hours to get there and back. Not to mention the frustration in the jam. That's a losing proposition. You and the kids spent more time in the car or get pushed around the crowd far more than the time to watch the fireworks. Never understand why people choose to do that.

Why not drive them to Msia, buy a pack of fireworks, and play until dawn at your own leisure? When I was young, that's what I do. You can even choose your own fireworks.

Supercharged
(edited)

Wrong....astrophotography makes an interesting subject for photography. What's the challenege of shooting things you can see with your eyes? Look at this:

http://www.buytelescopes.com/gallery/photos/9707.jpg

Lagoon and trifid nebula in the Sagitarrius region. This is far more interesting. Taken using Canon 1D Mark II at 800 iso.

Another one on Planet Jupiter using webcam:

http://www.buytelescopes.com/gallery/photos/8662.jpg

And how about the sun?

http://www.buytelescopes.com/gallery/photos/8517.jpg

All these are amateur shots.....not from space telescope.

Edited by Starry

Supercharged
watching fireworks helps to relieve stress and make us feel relaxed...laugh.gif

sure or not? after that the jam and everything make me even more stress leh

I drive there too but i went to MS earlier like ard 5pm. Traffic was still ok ard dat time. going back was abit jam but hey i ok wif it. Not as if i'm rushing for time. I think as long as pple know how to be considerate den its ok mah.

Those stopping their car by the road side is inconsiderate. And i think it's more appropriate for u to talk abt the traffic condition rather den putting the blame on the fireworks. Like the organiser could have hold the event outside CBD area etc.

Neutral Newbie

Your idea is a good one. I think it's a matter of preference. Some may not like the traveling bit to Malaysia, or they just don't know of this alternative.

I think the area will have more of such activities in the future. So it's best to avoid the place in these events.

Neutral Newbie

my 2 cents worth..

girls --> think fireworks is very bew-tee-full and lo-man-tick

boys --> best time to sian the girls

fathers and mothers --> die die have to bring their kids to watch, if not they will lose out, coz in case the teacher ask them to write a composition on fireworks, they will sae ' huh? lao shi, fireworks is wat arrr? ' typical kiasu syndrome.. other people bring their kids watch, we also muz... if not wait will suaku

grandparents --> bo bian have to go take care of the grandkids when they start running ard and the parents are busy watching the fireworks themselves

children --> "i also duno y muz come here.. so hot, crowded, noisy..boom boom boom..i stay at home watch tv or play games in aircon room better"

yea.. i din go.. i read abt the crowds.. i sian 1/2 [;)]

Hi dull Starry

if you dislike starry fireworks u can simply just avoid these roads...simple

you must be someone who has no life..really no meaning..go hang yourself better..i feel sorry for your spouse or loved one laugh.gif

it's not suaku-ness..you do not know how to appreciate the starry sparkling arts that draws across the skies that for once you see beautiful sparks in the usual DULL STARRY dark skies thumbsup.gif

yes..the prob lies on those inconsiderate drivers who just stop their cars and get out to watch..but usually at this moment most of cars will slow down or stop to watch la..walau..15mins stop wont die wat..even they dun stop the car..all cars start to slow down and watch also v dangerous rite? so stop is also good la..even TP also stop to watch laugh.gif

it's not the prob of what's so nice about fireworks but the drivers

Neutral Newbie
S'poreans like to see fireworks because its the most beautiful way of watching where their Income Taxes, GST, COE blah blah blah ended up at ....

[jawdrop]

the sort of fireworks i see here..... seems like we are not paying enough GST, COE and taxes. [lipsrsealed]

maybe thats why i didn't turn up to squeeze with the rest of the smelly armpits. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

i suppose when everyone else was 'caught in the moment' they missed out the ambulance at the far end of the dragon queue when everyone else slowed down just to enjoy the 15 mins of 'romanticness'...

oh sure, yay for civic mindedness.... oh wait... maybe singaporeans only heard about the honda civic. [hur]

that's for u. i'm using compact digital camera. and my primary hobby isn't photography [;)]

fireworks are nice, and until i master it's photography, it provides me sufficient challenge

Wrong....astrophotography makes an interesting subject for photography. What's the challenege of shooting things you can see with your eyes?

what's wrong with shooting things u can see with your eyes? isn't that what photography is about? it's an art to be able to see something and capture it such that the viewer can see what you want them to see.

i do agree that somethings it's interesting to shoot things which you cannot easily see with the eyes. eg, upskirts, downblouse etc. [inlove]

Neutral Newbie

fathers and mothers --> die die have to bring their kids to watch, if not they will lose out, coz in case the teacher ask them to write a composition on fireworks, they will sae ' huh? lao shi, fireworks is wat arrr? ' typical kiasu syndrome.. other people bring their kids watch, we also muz... if not wait will suaku

yea.. i din go.. i read abt the crowds.. i sian 1/2 [;)][/reply]

Aiyah.. I personally think its very stupid to watch fireworks for ten minutes and get stuck in the jam for 1 hour plus. Why do that?

For people who actually have children to make such comments,some people will understand when i say that not every parent thinks about composition or results at the end of the day. This is all about experience. Letting the young ones have an experience which they can appreciate unlike us adults who can appreciate but only in tangible forms.

Why bother to choose cars then? just buy the cheapest car since the purpose is from point A to point B isn't it? (86% so says Mazda survey) hee.

Stupid as it seemed, I brought all my 3 children to watch the show and get stuck in the jam. [dizzy][hur]

Been there last sat and witnessed a fight.

A rowdy group of malays was squeezing thru the crowd. pushing here and there when everywhere is jammed packed. Until one guy (with his gf) buay tahan, asked them don't push anymore. In the end, the group of malays attacked the chinese guy until he bleed. Beat him up twice. Until someone shouted, "Hey, stop it, got children in the crowd, why wanna fight? ". then they run away, not without giving the crowd a warning not to play with them. Felt quite disgusted by the incident. Crazy guys. Would they dare to attack the victim if police is besides them.

Told my gf, next time, try to find a better place to watch instead of squeezing into the jam and still have to suffer such potential dangers.

↡ Advertisement