Why so crazy about fireworks?

Starry

perhaps it's not off. just that you were kinda far.

sounds travel slow. 344m/s. length of a stadium away and it will be off by a second.

Was on the 7th row, but i thought that it's supposed to be the explosion that's sync.

light travels faster.. [laugh]

i think 2120...

didnt knew it already started, until my kiddo start screaming....

Oh, we are watching from our living room wink.gif

i read on papers that its supposed to start at 2100hrs.. on Friday, it started at 2115hrs...and today 2120hrs.. shakehead.gifshakehead.gif

luckily it started later.. alot of ppl were still struggling to get in at 9pm on friday.

Think many didn't make it in when the show started

In Reply To
i think 2120...

didnt knew it already started, until my kiddo start screaming....

Oh, we are watching from our living room wink.gif

i read on papers that its supposed to start at 2100hrs.. on Friday, it started at 2115hrs...and today 2120hrs.. shakehead.gifshakehead.gif

[/reply]

luckily it started later.. alot of ppl were still struggling to get in at 9pm on friday.

Think many didn't make it in when the show started

i was watching at the comfort of my air-con office.. tongue.gif

yup.. but yesterday's show was quite nice. didn't really hear much of the accompanying music coz was on the terrace of one of the restaurant on Espanade. Moreover, I was more interested in the stuff chicken wings and wine [laugh]

Guys,

I don't understand this. what is it that is so fascinating about fireworks? Is it Sporeans are so deprived of entertainment that they are willing to stuck in jams, stuck in public transport, walk miles and miles, just for that 5-15 minutes of fireworks?

I really don't get it. What is so interesting about some spluttering lights in the air? [hur]

It's interesting becos that's the only time where you can actually see those morons burning tons of taxpayers' money in less than ten minutes.

It's also interesting to see spectators clapping hands when that happens. [hur]

Neutral Newbie

wahahaahahah [laugh]

Maybe they hope we get hypnotized by the fireworks? They should plan for a 30mins fireworks session next time they raise the GST. [idea]

Neutral Newbie
This year is by some China company? saw in the newspaper that one night cost $1mil [sweatdrop]

Whose money going up in smoke?

Sporeans should go China like Wu Yee Shan area. I went there spent 100rmb on fire crackers and even fireworks in a box that shoots 16 shots into the air and fulfilled my sua-koo-ness.

My friend bought the bigger one with 32 shots and we had so much fun. We Sporeans are quite sua koo actually. [:p]

But I couldn't be bothered about local fireworks cos the fun is really setting it off, watching not much fun.

i had a nightmare on friday and sat night driving near town.

friday night was real bad because i did not know about the firework.

sat night was better because i park in town early afternoon, so it is only the driving out part that was really slow.

still it was a bit surprising how bad the jams were on an event that took place for 2 days.

Guys,

I don't understand this. what is it that is so fascinating about fireworks? Is it Sporeans are so deprived of entertainment that they are willing to stuck in jams, stuck in public transport, walk miles and miles, just for that 5-15 minutes of fireworks?

I really don't get it. What is so interesting about some spluttering lights in the air? [hur]

Cannot meh? [kiss] I am crazy about fireworks... [inlove] I don't mind the jams as I can chit chat with my wife and kids in the car [:)] . I feel happy and don't mind walk miles and miles... and my wife and kids are happy to see the 5-15 minutes of fireworks. We enjoy very much [thumbsup] . Thank You.

If you don't like the jam, you can use alternative route... You should know there is fireworks (announce in tv, newspaper and radio) and you still so kuku join the jam haha [laugh] ... that's your problem, if you don't know about the news... too bad for you... haha [laugh] . Better still you may choose to stay at home or don't stay in S'pore [wave].

If you like M'sia firing your own fireworks, please go there and fire yourself. Bye and thank You.

Edited by Ncss

why tonite no firework one leh....

have.. and I just got back 2 hours ago...

didn't have to squeeze with the crowd but watch from the terrace at one of the restaurant at Esplanade coz got invite for a corporate event. [:p]

i was along the road from tanjong pagar towards marina south. at 9pm, the road simply halted, so is the expressway next to the road. So everyone simply off their car engine and take pics...including bus 400. [laugh] It was spectacular view to see fireworks on sat nite.

↡ Advertisement