Noise from front engine area (suspension,maybe) when hit bump with left turn

Maxell00

Neutral Newbie

Don't get it, you mean you'll some kind of noise when you turn left and hit a bump?

And what kind of noise? My ride's about the same age as yours.

Neutral Newbie

What kind of problem you have with your suspension? I only know mine is really hard, and when hit hump or going over bumpy surfaces, it's damm noisy and rough!

thanks for the info. just wondering which side of the link rods? front or back? the noise is just like something is loose or something. I have asked the mechanic to check all the nuts incase anyone is loose but all are ok. the knocking noise only when left turn and hit bump. if straight or right turn, everything is ok.

Which side I don't know.

It is the link rods or something like that which basically is broken.

For mine, When going through humps, even when travelling straight, can hear metallic knocking sounds.

Yeah, I think out optra suspension is quite FIRM and hard. Probably that gave it the "euro" feeling ? hahaha.

I know when I travel through those "brick" drive way like those around my office, the whole car vibrates.

I know taxis do not. And I sat in my friend's Subaru once, and I think it vibrated about the same. Only other makes like Toyota will actually feel much smoother.

So, if I feel similar kind of vibration from my friend's subaru, I will attribute the shaky ride to firm suspension.

Can be the left suspension bushings worn off, check all link rods and mountings.

May be even the engine or gearbox mountings on the left side of the engine.

But your car only 1.5 yrs old. No offence but IMO may be caused by inferior quality parts or poor workmanship. [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

I just went to StarsAuto and met up with the supervisor and showed him my car problem. Went for test drive and compared my car to the showroom car, and mine drove like a truck! Something is really wrong with mine since day one! [furious]

I'm sending in my car next Tuesday for a full check up, they better fix it or else the top guys will be receiving my love notes very soon. [sly]

Neutral Newbie

Let us know the result after the checkup. Mine pickup also like truck. Wasted so much petrol. Sent in and they said nothing wrong. [furious]

change your tyres to a 13" with profile of 75 then chnage your suspension to very soft type u can get that taxi feel too.

car and taxi compare u as taxi driver go over hump at 30km/h u will see the rear shock bottom out as compare to car onli little bit onli.

Neutral Newbie

Guys my Aveo 3 months old, also got this strange sound as if something lose under car - "clock clock" sound.

1 month back sent to workshop they only fix the sound which u can hear when going over a hum - the "woo woo" or squee sound.

Scare bring back workshop very difficult for the workshop people to hear it.

Try tightening all the bolts of your shocks like suspension mounting, damper mount etc.

I was suffering from sereve noise from my shocks too only to realise that it was my front left damper which was loose. Had to tighten the damper to mount couple of turns. After this... no more noise.

will there be any damage other than suspension of the car when hit an illegally build speed bump, because i just recently hit a bump like that at around 45km/h. will there be any damaged to the driveshalf?

↡ Advertisement