How TP investigate?

Osiris

Just curious after reading police reply.

Anyone knows the TP modus operandi?

If 2 parties are involved in a not so clear cut accident, each blames the other, no witness, how will TP ascertain the truth?

E-way/roads got video recording to check? Or do they just access the statement and damage to try to determine?

Sep 14, 2006

Road-rage case: Probe in progress

POLICE would like to inform Mr Andrew Yong Yun Leong ('Road-rage case driver ought to be punished too'; ST, Sept 5) that investigations into possible traffic violations by both the motorcyclist and the driver are still in progress.

The involved parties will be kept informed.

Audrey Ang (Ms)

Assistant Director

Media Relations

Singapore Police Force

↡ Advertisement

I suppose the investigator will have to use his/her experience and judgement based on the interviews.

Some interesting stuff traffic investigators told me in my 2 (separate) accidents:

Accident #1: Another car kiss my car's backside at a red light

The investigator told me my statement was very long and detailed. I even included what the wife of the other drive said and the traffic situation at that time etc. The other driver's statement was very short. He claimed that "an car of an unknown make and unknown colour" hit his car from behind. That caused his car to lurch forward and hit mine. [dizzy][dizzy]

Accident #2: My car in a hit-and-run case

The investigator revealed that the driver of the other car said in her interview: " I heard a loud bang but don't know what I hit. I came out my car to look around but cannot see anything. So I drove off." [laugh][laugh]

Both not very convincing right ? [smash]

Edited by Cheepo

A nissan car hit my car while I was reversing into a parking lot. I checked for approaching car before engaging a reverse gear, and before moving I check that no car at the back. Then when I start reversing in, tat nissan turn out from a bend and hit right into the driver's car door. There's no eye witness, no accident report written at the point ( 1st time accident I duno what to do, just copied her details and took pictures.

Now I went to ask around, all workshop tell me I won't be able to claim their insurance because That nissan can lied saying I din give way to her and dashed out. The workshop uncle even say that accident in carpark, the one kena hit, winning is slim.

Now that woman driving the nissan refuse to answer my call and her last words was claim from my insurance. That's it. Now I worry they claim from mine. What sholud I do???

Hi Mitralli, sorry to hear about your accident. By the way, when did the incident occur? If it's within 24 hrs, you can still lodge a report to the police station or nearest

neighbourhood post.

If it's after 24 hours, your chance is very slim. You won't know whether the Nissan driver has lodged a police complaint and her insurance company against you instead.

However, you might want to try and make a report to the police and your insurance company and show them pictures that you have taken. Explain to them that this is your first accident encounter and you do not know the procedure initially.

Sometimes, the police might review an incident from a case-by-case basis. I feel there's no harm trying and get the other victim to be your witness. Remember to notify your insurance company immediately.

Best of luck to you.

Edited by Mikeyeo

As far as i know, if there is no injury, you could not make a police report - unless it is a hit and run. Just need to make report to IDAC/insurance company etc.

Only make a police report for the following:

1. injury cases

2. hitting a pedestrian

3. foreign vehicle

4. damaged government property

else the Traffic Police can take their own sweet time...

Most of the time, no action is taken against any party or there will be a disclaimer:

" Our findings do not affect civil & insurance claims " which means that it is up to insurance company to settle at the end of the day

So why bother to make police report when there is no injury?

Edited by Sci10213

I know the criteria for making tp report.

In the case where you need to report tp and not so clear cut, it's basically lose lose for both parties.

because what can the tp do?

↡ Advertisement