Shell Helix Ultra

Coaxialcable

IMHO, you can give Shell Helix Ultra a miss [:p]

Get the Mobil Gold, Castrol SLX, Amsoil ... etc instead if your pocket allows you [;)]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

Castrol SLX can get from Forklift Enterprise cos they are one of the cheapest around [:)]

For Amsoil, you can get it from Cruxoil Venture [:)]

You can browse through the folders to get more details [;)]

why do we give it a miss leh? its not good?

for me, i am a regular driver... driving a MT here... a tomyam vios... intend to perform regular 10,000km servicings.... now stuck btw BM (coz can go for afternoon express servicing, 10k servicing @ $147), Riverview Auto, Proswift or Autosaver... Intending to get my own engine oil...

in the end, from what i have read, decided on a 5w40 fully synthetic engine oil... like shell helix ultra 5w40, fully sythetic... intending to get from the toa payoh guy at $54 per 4l bottle... u think its worth it? i know there is another engine oil by the brand of cxxxxxe, fully synthetic 5w40.. but haven't really heard of this brand before.. though its proclaimed to be very popular and expensive in europe... At a price of $29.90 for 5L... its really a steal... mmz.. but then being so cheap, i am getting a bit skeptical here... coz read from my own carforum, VOGS, someone mentioned about cxxxxxe 5w40 not being fully synthetic, and won't last 10,000km.. but then if you perform regular servicing at 5k, then no problem can process ahead with using this oil....

so any recommendations from anyone here, including genie... i know sometimes i OT really alot.. but hope what i have brought out here is still relevant to the topic itself.... [:)][:)][:)]

Mobil 1 gold 0w40 is very expensive right? anyone got lobang.. else i think i will really go and buy shell helix ultra 5w40.. mind not very safe with cxxxxxe 5w40...

i want the oil to last at least 6 months or 10,000km whichever is earlier... [scholar]

Bro, it's not that Shell Helix Ultra is no good [:)] Infact, i believe that it will still last you 10,000Km [;)]

It's just of personal preference [;)]

Infact, some people whom i know changes his engine oil at every 8,000KM even though he is using Mobil Gold 0-40W [nod] Reason why is because nothing beats a fresh new oil change [nod] 1 of my friend even change oil at every 5,000KM using Shell Helix Ultra [;)]

From my old trusty mechanic, he told me that Shell Helix Ultra is thinner as compared to Mobil Gold even though they are both 40W oil [:p] Whether the oil could really withstand 10,000Km or not i dunno as the oil would need to be send for testing to find out [:p]

To me, i would rather go for slightly branded oil [:p] Not that my pocket is loaded but jus for a better piece of mind [;)]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

wah.. okie okie... have been reading here and there.. even came across people who are using 5w30 oils for 10k mileage.... as in w30 is the recommended engine oil grade for toyota cars.. at least that's what stated in my manual for fuel economy and engine protection...

but for a piece of safe mind... decided to go for w40 oil insteads.. read that if you din bring ur own engine oil, toyota engine oils are w50 (fully synthetic)... wah that is quite thick right?

how much you bought ur mobil gold 0-40w oil for? me poor student, on a budget... now really contemplating what oil to use for my tomyam ride.. been on mineral.. so far so good.. but mileage is at 9.3k now.. approaching the 10k limit very soon.. so wondering... cxx xxxe is cheap but i dun really know whether i want to put my trust on that oil or not? [sweatdrop]

for me, my mileage is such that i usually won't hit 10,000km in 6 months.. but nevertheless will still for engine oil change religiously at every 6 month interval.. i dun want to stretch the engine itself.... [:/]

my friend was driving a honda city... she had an engine oil change every 10k.. but that's like 8-9 months every servicing.. i was like [sweatdrop] you dun save on the servicing.. i "scolded" her and told her dun try her luck.. 8-9 month 1 oil change.. coz her mileage is low... [gossip]

civic... thanks... i think that's quite a good deal... =) thanks alot! 4 bottles will sufficient for my engine... since its mentioned the full engine oil compartment is 3.6l... =)

That time i got my Mobil Gold for $60.00 [:)] It's from 1 of the bros selling in this folder so was kind of lucky [:p]

Now i'm on Castrol SLX which i have bought from one of the spare part shops in Alexandra [:)]

Next to try would be the Castrol Edge which is a 40W oil [sly]

Bro, me got no lobang in buying engine oil so can't help you much on it [;)]

↡ Advertisement