Shell Helix Ultra

Coaxialcable

1 minute ago, Naimed said:

Shell Helix Ultra (SHU) has them in the grade you wanted. For SHP, I suppose it is a new product launch and only available in 0W-40 at this point.

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

4 minutes ago, Othello said:

wah this one cheap! But I cannot use, no VW certification

I using for the Swift now simply bcoz cheap...haha.

But still cannot beat the SHU u sold me...lagi cheap!

Can la bro, specially for BMW leh. 😆

Edited by Fcw75

16 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Which VW standard?

504 00

14 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

I using for the Swift now simply bcoz cheap...haha.

But still cannot beat the SHU u sold me...lagi cheap!

Can la bro, specially for BMW leh. 😆

cannot lah. BeMyWoman leh .... tak match [laugh]

4 minutes ago, Othello said:

504 00

cannot lah. BeMyWoman leh .... tak match [laugh]

Not

Bring More Worries and Very Worrying?

Chinese New Year is coming and I am thinking of changing engine oil and sending the car for some servicing.

I found that workshop priced their package cheaper if Shell Helix Ultra is used.

Any bad experience with Shell Helix engine oil?  A quick check from the internet reviews shows someone complaining about noisier engine after the change.

Edited by Albeniz

3 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Chinese New Year is coming and I am thinking of changing engine oil and sending the car for some servicing.

I found that workshop priced their package cheaper if Shell Helix Ultra is used.

Any bad experience with Shell Helix engine oil? 

My limited understanding is many rx8 owners buy this to top up the engine every tank of fill up., price is reasonably good

• Praise 2

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Albeniz said:

Any bad experience with Shell Helix engine oil?  A quick check from the internet reviews shows someone complaining about noisier engine after the change.

my car engine is relatively noisy since new

I started using SHU from supermarket after 3 years warranty expired 

recently switched to MOTUL 8100 x-cess of the same viscosity (5W-40) because I want to treat that workhorse better in her last two years of service

I can't tell the difference between SHC and MOTUL

if there is any, it is more like the placebo feeling after car wash (clean car feels a little smoother and more power)

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
3 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

It's science!! 

Car felt more powered after car wash. Less dust = less weight= better power to weight ratio. 😎

I always imagine the dust particles on the car will generate many micro turbulences that drag the car down 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Engine felt more rough after 5k with this EO.

Lousy EO.

• Praise 1

19 hours ago, Albeniz said:

It is my favourite engine oil as it is 5W40 and most cost effective at many car workshops.  I have been using on my Vios for more than 12 years and there are no issues.  The "5" is not relevant in Singapore since we do not have winter.  The "40" refers to viscosity at higher temperature which is very relevant in Singapore.  I prefer a slightly thicker oil as the viscosity tends to be thinner in our hot climate and common traffic jams.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Then dun use

I don't use.  Only force to use when utilising free service from AD. After free servicing I don't even service my car in AD even under warranty. 

• Praise 2

On 2/6/2021 at 2:10 PM, Phang said:

N my car engine is relatively noisy since new

I started using SHU from supermarket after 3 years warranty expired 

recently switched to MOTUL 8100 x-cess of the same viscosity (5W-40) because I want to treat that workhorse better in her last two years of service

I can't tell the difference between SHC and MOTUL

if there is any, it is more like the placebo feeling after car wash (clean car feels a little smoother and more power)

When the EO is relatively new, it wouldn’t feel any/much different. The real test comes after 5000km and especially with prolong driving in start-stop conditions. I’m close to 9000km on current Motul 8100 xcess and it feels about the same as when I first changed it. Value for money since I got a few bottles from Lynlex previously (6x5L bottles for 4 oil change) and I’ve used 8100 xcess for my last 3 OC.

• Praise 3