Vicom Annual Car Inspection

Coaxialcable

Hey Dudes!!

It's me again!

My car will be due for it's first vicom car inspection. I've got some worries here and hope brothers here can give me some useful advices.

My ride : Honda Civic ES5 Auto, 2003 (Pre-facelift Civic)

My engine, muffler, intake manifold, extractor, cat converter, exhaust.....all stock and original. [laugh]

However, I have a pair of Angel Eye, which is a dual halo projector headlights with 6000K HID installed. [:p]

I'm worried that the inspector will fail becoz of my headlights and my HID as they're after-market accessories. [smallcry]

How?? What should I do......it's really a big hassle to change everything back to original prior my inspection....

Edited by Coaxialcable
↡ Advertisement

Precisely....

Some or most original headlights will also fail. I heard that headlight is not a criteria to pass the inspection. If headlight fails...overall still can pass.

But I am worried that if inspector kui lan, he can fail my headlights and fail my overall test.......

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I just passed my inspection with after market projector headlamps at Vicom. They checked thoroughly and even took pictures of it. I think as long as the lamps has those approved markings on the lens it should pass. All the best for your inspection.

Original stock headlamps also fail one.

bro.. i due for Roadtax renewal.. i everytime renew 6 months nia.. do i need to go for inspection har??

and also.. if inspection, one of my Highbeams fused.. so can't light up, only one side can light up.. plus one of the low beams no power.. still can pass??

No need.

You will only need to go for inspection if you receive the letter of notice by LTA to go for inspection.

For new cars, the first inspection will be your 3rd year, then after that, every following year, you will need to inspect your car ANNUALLY.

[;)]

headlights, most of the time failed. i asked the inspectors, they say even new cars, headlights will fail. so i ask them wat constitute a pass for headlight or taillights (as in a hint if i change my headlights n taillights), he said that as long front lights are white or yellowish white, brake lights are red and signal lights are orange...that will pass through. but if headlights fail, ur inspection will still pass as it's not a compulsory item to get passed...thumbsup.gif

Our comm veh inspection is yearly so if u renew 1/2-yearly, only go once every 2 renewals [;)] My van's "virgin" inspection also fail headlamps (but overall pass lah), so did my old corolla, that's y i said confirm fail one lah even if original & stock. [:|]

So long if yours original lighting system is HALOGEN, u gotta stick with it (white or yellow H1/H3/H4 bulbs no problem just changed bulbs) but if u replaced it with those HID system (ballast & HID bulbs), it's wrong.

In short, alteration of existing electrical lighting system to a completely different type is no-no.

↡ Advertisement