Subwoofer fuse blow

Hyun

Neutral Newbie

Posting on behalf of Turtleswift:

whenever i blast deep base songs 2 my system, my sub woofer fuse surely blow... U hav any idea bro??? by d way, i try 2 post tis problem in tis forum but cannot. They promt me due 2 many new poll or thread. But any way if u hav d ans or some idea maybe solutions, plz... reply me back. Thanks... Turtleswift

HU- Pioneer P80

Front Speakers- CDT Euro Style Series 2way

Amps- 1x2way Blitz1000watts, 1x4way Blitz1000watts

Sub- Sound-stream 12inch ported box

Speaker Cables- Phoenix Gold

Rca cables- Efx

Power cables- 4gauge

Capacitor- Boss audio 1 Farad

System set up- Running active SQ

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

u mean the sub amp fuse isit?

maybe try a few things: go to the EQ, make the 1st 2 bars (20hz, 30hz) zero. go to the crossover, make the subwoofer "Level" a bit less, minus 4-5 points first, then blast, see if still blow. looks like u working ur sub amp very hard liao until it draw current until blow.

eh, didn't know ur sub box is ported.

Neutral Newbie

You have maxed out your sub amp the current drawn to blast the sub is too hot for your amp to handle and your amp"s fuse blows or melted this can be due to either wrong gain setting of the amp or you just overboost the sub through your eq or hu where by the bass frequencies settings are set to max

Neutral Newbie

i asked u previously to check out the specs of your sub.

by now do u know what's its rated RMS power handling? do u have some webpage link to show us? even better link that blitz sub amp webpage here so we can immediately compare.

he said that its the fuse on the AMP itself that blew. those fuses rarely blow when everything is hooked up correctly.

i suspect that his amp is only 4 ohm stable and he's usin a DVC sub, runnin at 2 ohms. at lower vols, the amp is not drawin that much current. but at higher vols, the amp draws more current and thus blows the fuse.

if the amp were too hot, it'll prob go into protection mode, not really blow fuse.

ask him to check out the specs of the amp and get back to us. see whether it can run at 2 ohms.

one possibility is the positive wire touching the negative wire or touching the car body. amp fuse will never blow. amp not enough power or draw too much current will cos amp under protection or turn it off.

Neutral Newbie

when under protection, normally how to reset ah? off and on enough?

if amps got no protection light, then there's no way to tell if it went into protection?

If his sub is goin at 2ohm and he is bridging his amp..... Confirm blow. Coz the 2 channel 1000 watts Blitz only run 4ohm in bridge mode.

Electronic Crossover Network

Bass Boost Circuit

Bridgeable at 4 Ohms

2 Ohm Stereo Stable

Tri-Mode Capable

Gold plated RCA Inputs

Gold plated Line Outs for Left and Right Channel

Low Pass Filter Controls

High Pass Filter Controls

Subwoofer Remote Level Control

Power and Protection LED Indicators

BLUE Lighting Illumination

6+6 LED Level meter

Soft Turn-on/Turn-off

2x150W RMS @ 4 Ohms/2x500W Max @ 4 Ohms

600W Max @ 4 Ohms Bridged

2x250W RMS @ 2 Ohms

THD: <0.04% - S/N Ratio: >90B

Input Sensitivity: 100mv~4V

Channel Separation: >65dB

Freq. Response: 15Hz~35KHz

Dimensions: 10.23''(W) x 2.2''(H) x 8.7''(L)

normally ,off the system and off engine,wait for a few minutes.i think most of the amp have protection light.

what model is his amp and sub ?

↡ Advertisement