Light weight Wheel Nuts

Andrewkb

Neutral Newbie
eeeee...so hum-saab. [:p] Inside car cannot see lah but i heard less weight oso advantageous in open karting..... [sly]

might not be true for karting cos if the driver's weight is too light, there's a tendency for the kart to be easily spun off...

Neutral Newbie
eeeee...so hum-saab. [:p] Inside car cannot see lah but i heard less weight oso advantageous in open karting..... [sly]

There's better/faster ways to reduce 10kgs immediately...............chop your head off [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

aiya, those lightweight aluminium nuts are for racing use, they change it almost everytimes before race. For normal daily use that meaning you have to check the nuts once a week at least, otherwise...you car may have one more 'Flywheel' [laugh][laugh]

Can always add weight to the kart when driver is too light...

But a light weight can be a hugh advantage. My friend who is like feather weight and me heavy weight...once I come to the straight or a incline...I smell smoke liao.

Have one more "flywheel" good what...save more weight !! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Racing stuffs not necessary means good for our daily rides...

Think of this....Shell claims that Ferrari F1 team uses the same oil as the ones on the shelf....say a typical F1 race is around 330km only..throw in qualifying as well lah....the very most the oil stays in the engine for 700km only.

Now if we have a oil change (minus the other sxxt that they change....or basically they do a total overhual after every race) at every 1000km....my car would be in tip top condition as well.

In other words....Racing does not mean that its good for daily use...we prob torture the oil more than what Ferrari does in their F1 cars....our start stop and sometime Orchard Gudang driving style has more stress than the F1 cars going 60laps in Sepang.

eeeee...so hum-saab. tongue.gif Inside car cannot see lah but i heard less weight oso advantageous in open karting..... sly.gif

might not be true for karting cos if the driver's weight is too light, there's a tendency for the kart to be easily spun off...

for info:- all kart+driver must comply with minimum weigh requirement in official races, if the combined wt is too light, additional wt must be added eg using lead wt blocks..... smile.gifsmile.gif

true, true, lots of stuff they using in racing are very 'extreme' and based on the fact that the engine is re-built (or throw away) after every 1 or 2 races...... if we do this for our cars, can die standing sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

Edited by Super7

Right on. Weight is a issue when comes to competition and there will be weight penalty when one is too light. So...before racing...please visit the loo to get rid of excess weight... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Tried racing with the wizkid from Jurong track before ? Young boy who is the son of the track owner....super fast man....put sandbag to level the playing field also kenna cream prime and proper. That kid got future man.

I do most of the karting in JB...cheaper. But long time no play liao...busy with work.

Maybe we can do a karting together with some of my kakis....but we usually does the racing on a Fri nite. Taking a course now...need the term break then can go. [:(]

I presume you guys kart during the day ? Saw the tread once but didn't join you cos I dracula karter...cannot see the sun....can't tahan the heat. [:p]

I use to be a sucker for these colourful products when I buy oil...plugs...etc....but have to pay school fees to learn lor....racing product ain't gonna make your ride into a racing machine if it ain't one. [:p]

Racing teams like F1 and WRC teams actually dismantle the whole car to study the components after every race to record the wear and tear and use the data to R&D on their new cars....so basically they are using a new engine every race....fresh rubber...fresh oil....etc....off course the car shiok lah.

0.02sec means nothing to us (you reach into your pocket hunting for loose change already take more than that time liao) but to the racing team...it can means setting the FTD or even winning the race itself.

totally agree ....thumbsup.gif . i rather pay more for a light rim and then "type R" lite weight nuts then vice versa ... makes more sense ... those lite weight nuts can't take the abuse from our local tire shops, which i not yet seen one uses a torque wrench nor tighten to specs from manufacturer thumbsdown.gif... all go by agar-ray-tion ... tighter the better ... aluminium nuts on steel studs which will give way first , u tell me crazy.gif

Got some tyre shop use torque wrench lah...but not many. Shops like Leong Seng I heard uses torque wrench. But many of them now uses hand tighten liao. Only removing they use impact wrench.

i not so scare that they break the nut...I more worried like cross treading....that one seow liao.