Opel GT returns!

Genie47

Heard that there is a RHD version available and even with a small 1.6 Turbo and with airconditioning ! Wow...maybe the local Opel dealer may bring this in for keeps sake. The Opel Tigra Twin Top did not do so well though. Guess maybe it is the dull 1.4 MTA engine which spoilts it. Now, if the GT is gonna to come with a turbo charge 195 hp 1.6 ...things would look different.

Apparently the Tigra was selling quite well.. and being so well-received, AE decided to jack up the price, thus it sort of slow down the sales.

If you look at 206cc or 307cc, it's selling quite well (in term of conti car sales) and there's a market for this.

Anyway, beside the Opel GT, there's also the Astra Twintop, VXR or even the roadster for them to bring in but maybe their market research doesn't justify such cars in their line-up yet.

I think they are trying to cut lost and go into black 1st before bringing in new line-up. Hope the 1.8 Vectra and Zafi can help [:)]

Why Chevy? Why not Opel or Saab? since it's all under GM

I'm sure it will commmand a different pricing segment given the type of branding it received.

If the Astra or Zafira is badged as Chevy, I think it will at least cut 5 to 10k off their current selling price [:/]

Yup.. so is Thailand... [:)]

But if they badge it as Chevy in S'pore, it will command a lower selling price due to the branding position of Chevy in S'pore.

The way I see it, I think GM will most likely badge it as Opel to complete their lineup rather than with Chevy.

Anyway, I doubt it will make it here that soon. [:/]

Doubt it that GM is stupid enough to bring in the GT as a Chevy into this region. It would alot of injustice to the Opel image if it is crossed into the Chevy region. The only place that they have done this is in Korea where it is badged as a Daewoo ! Guess they are trying to introduce some Opel products into Korea.

If the GT ever comes to Singapore, it would definitely by an OPEL, I hope !

But looking at their lineup, I think the GT is not on the top of their list..

The Astra Twintop, maybe...

They don't even bother to have special indent for the OPC range [:/]

Anyway, let's sit back and watch..

Ya... tell them that we are also considering taking over the porky dealership as well... [:/]

In the meantime, tell them that VAG is also considering buying GM [laugh]

Actually, I also ask before.. I was told that with a big fat wallet placed on their table, they can do special indent.

Too bad my wallet at that time was filled with Mac/BK/KFC discount coupon for value meal and not $ [laugh]

As I was told, they have their restriction. Not as Parallel Importers can do, they are not permitted by GM to bring in any models that they wish to. Consideration for training and aftersales support including tools & parts have to be met first and then there is the big $$$ question on the number of units that they can project. Knowing the GT, how many people would commit their $$$ on this two seater ? I am definitely out of the league !

Agree that they need to fulfill the support requirement but hey, GM ODC is just waiting to earn another sum off them. So all the carp about support is just ... well.. a reason.

Maybe the GT is going to be hard to bring in based on demand but the OPC and VXR will be a good pitch against the GTI and the orangish focus. [sly]

Craps or reasons, people makes money along the way one way or another. Us consumers would eventually gain from it as we will get the kind of parts/service/technical support that we would need when we encounter a problem. This is the kind of thing that you cannot dream of getting from a PI !

Yeah...I also think that they should really consider bringing in the OPC variant but did you notice that the OPC variant have been around for a long long time but we have yet to see any here ? What would make them change their mind about it this time, I wonder ! But yet again, with the Euro high and the cost of the Contis being already on the top highest shelf, bringing in a more expensive variant may not do justice to the model stocking. Hey, look at the Astra-H Turbo variant.. all the fanfare about it being launched at the dealership...what's happening to it now ? If you are keen, you need to indent for one. That would goes to show that people are not taking to it very strongly or for that matter even warmly at all.

Nevertheless, I hope the Opel brand would be around for a long time because looking around us, Opel have actually ceased to exist. Look at their website.... only Singapore and China have been listed....all the other countries like Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Australia, NZ....have gone.

Edited by Cbx750p
↡ Advertisement